Travis

copyright
Akg
Akg Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 12:06 PM Quote
What I'm about to say here might not be a news to some of travis fans, as some of you might have already seen some comments on youtube and forums about travis' songs got "stolen" by a band in Hong Kong.

Here's the link, the chorus sounds very much like closer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alOfwFluzRE

and the other one is bascially the same as Sing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijCleESLyM

We are really mad that these pricks are doing all the copying, and think it's alright to do so. I guess these pricks have no idea Travis or their record labels can actually sue them for compensation. Anyway, I'm hoping you guys could help to get this message reached to Travis or their agents or whoever. They have the right to know.

Re: copyright
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 2:21 PM Quote
MAYBE i'm deaf or something, but I didn't find any of the songs very similar to the Travis songs.

The first song perhaps, but I don't think it's enough to sue them.

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:32 AM Quote
me neither

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:35 AM Quote
I have to agree with the above. I really don't hear anything. I'm sure there are plenty of songs that Travis songs sound "similar" to. Selfish Jean.

TrueMusic
TrueMusic Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 9:35 AM Quote
Yeah! They are Same!
They are same using Guitars ,Bass and Drums to play the song...so it's SAME! LOL
btw...do you jealous this Hong Kong band Much?
Why keep attacking them?!
loser!

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 8:07 AM Quote
It's quite a commonplace thing as far as Chinese pop music goes. There's a lot of melodies 'borrowed' from other songs.

Funny you should mention stolen chords. I'm sure by now you've heard of the story of how 'Writing to Reach You' came to be. I'm a glass half-full person so I'm just going to say Travis has reached the point in their career where other people are emulating them, because they are THAT good. =)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:18 AM