Travis

Re: Mini ABC / BBC Crossover
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 17 Jul, 2010 2:19 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Speaking of, practice your irrational apologizing if you want to fit in!

Oh man I am going to have soooo much fun with this.

Sorry, is that insulting?

Can I apologize for breathing?

What about as we pass a stranger on the street can I say, "I'm sorry for that fart" ?

the general rule of thumb is that if someone runs into you, you say sorry. You know, for being in their way

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 17 Jul, 2010 4:07 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
the general rule of thumb is that if someone runs into you, you say sorry. You know, for being in their way

OK but what if it's my noxious gasiness that bumps into them?

(now I'm enjoying imagining Kristy stressing over hosting me in her home country.)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:05 PM Quote
Sounds like you all are gonna have a blast. Can't wait to hear your stories lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 1:37 AM Quote
I just thought of something. Why isnt CBC in the title? This is in canadaland after all! Get on it Swan!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 3:47 PM Quote
melissam3173 wrote:
Sounds like you all are gonna have a blast. Can't wait to hear your stories lol.

Ditto!! Oooh, pictures and video too, please! thankyou

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
I've decided to track how many times I can say sorry while in the country of Canadaland.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 4:30 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I've decided to track how many times I can say sorry while in the country of Canadaland.

are you going to try to an 'eh' as well? I have a feeling Im going to get laughed at if one slips out.
Annie have you been to Canada before?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:10 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

are you going to try to an 'eh' as well? I have a feeling Im going to get laughed at if one slips out.

Yeah I think I am going to try and work in as many stereotypes as possible. All while wearing a red white and blue crown that has sparklers going off.

I went to Toronto when I was 6ish but I only remember being up in some restaurant up high that spins. I've been to Windsor many times. Also Montreal with my hubby.

So really all of this stuff is just about messing with you.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Yeah I think I am going to try and work in as many stereotypes as possible. All while wearing a red white and blue crown that has sparklers going off.

I went to Toronto when I was 6ish but I only remember being up in some restaurant up high that spins. I've been to Windsor many times. Also Montreal with my hubby.

So really all of this stuff is just about messing with you.

duh, I knew you had been to Montreal. Slow me.
Ha, that spinning restaurant is at the CN Tower.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:22 PM Quote
I figured it was the tower but wasn't sure. No idea what else we did while we were there, maybe I'll ask my mom. But clearly I need to do it again since I don't remember. I'm pretty sure we didn't do a milkbag field trip.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:42 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I figured it was the tower but wasn't sure. No idea what else we did while we were there, maybe I'll ask my mom. But clearly I need to do it again since I don't remember. I'm pretty sure we didn't do a milkbag field trip.

Toronto lesson #1. No one calls it the tower :)
Well Annie pants, you know there will be a milkbag field trip this time! The excitment keeps you up at night, doesnt it? Are there any other ridiculous Canadian things that I need to show you that Ive been mocked aboooooot over the years?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 11:56 PM Quote
Will we see any of those weird rock figures that no one knows about outside of Canada? If not can we build one out of sugar packets or pieces of curd from the poutine?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:21 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Will we see any of those weird rock figures that no one knows about outside of Canada? If not can we build one out of sugar packets or pieces of curd from the poutine?

Inukshuks.
Those are one thing you shouldnt actually mock. They are actually of cultural signifigance. And you will likely see them if you go in any souviner shop.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:35 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Inukshuks.
Those are one thing you shouldnt actually mock. They are actually of cultural signifigance. And you will likely see them if you go in any souviner shop.

Inukshuks, I have never heard of those (though I do not know that much about Canada :S ). Is it something to do with religion or whomever founded Canada?! Sorry if I seem a little stupid I am just curious...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:41 PM Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inukshuk

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:03 PM