Travis

Holiday season - Do you travel light?
deebee
deebee Posted Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:25 PM Quote
I'm the kind of person who likes to travel light. I hate lugging around tons of bags at the airport but my husband would take half the house if I let him (I do the packing!!). I thought that women were the ones who normally take too much stuff!!

Re: Holiday season - Do you travel light?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 19 Jun, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
I travel pretty light. I try to know where I'm going to go and what I'll be doing and pack accordingly. If I'm staying somewhere that I know I'll have washing machine access, even better! Especially now with kids, since one outfit rarely lasts a whole day without spills or something.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 3:38 AM Quote
I always take a ton. But you never know when you'll need something! I mostly over do it with shoes.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 4:18 AM Quote
I used to be a notorious overpacker but especially since I've had kids I've gotten really good at downsizing. I think it's because I also have to deal with their crap. So, same amount of suitcases but now for four people instead of two. LOL

mili
mili Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 2:09 PM Quote
I used to take loads too much, but have improved. Now I gather the clothes I'm planning on taking with me and then start weeding. The basic principle is that most clothes should go together, so mixing and matching is easy.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:32 PM Quote
mili wrote:
The basic principle is that most clothes should go together, so mixing and matching is easy.

My mom does this. When she travels, she wears black, white, and red.

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:37 PM Quote
Haha I do the black and white thing and I chuck in some turquoise if I want a bit of colour. Everything has to be versatile but shoes are a nightmare - I always need at least 3 or 4 pairs no matter how long I'm travelling for.

Absy
Absy Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2010 7:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:
The basic principle is that most clothes should go together, so mixing and matching is easy.

My mom does this. When she travels, she wears black, white, and red.

And I wear Navy, white and red coz I'm french and want to look like the french flag/french footballers. LOL

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 6:58 PM Quote
I tend to travel light and I always use everything I take. I do the matching thing, but since I'm very boring when it comes to clothing, this is not difficult for me. And I don't usually take more than one pair of shoes (the ones I'm wearing when I'm travelling + 1 extra pair).
I'm telling you, I'm anti-fashion.

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 7:12 PM Quote
I usually put on the bed everything I'd like to take then select what i need : an item should match at least 2 other pieces.
Then I rely on accessories (jewels, scarves, shoes) and make-up.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 11:50 PM Quote
well - i went to liverpool in april. was supposed to stay for 3 and a half days so of course i travelled light. but then the volcanic ash cloud came and i regretted it. haha ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 12:10 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
well - i went to liverpool in april. was supposed to stay for 3 and a half days so of course i travelled light. but then the volcanic ash cloud came and i regretted it. haha ;)

Haha this happened to me too Sarah. I got stuck in London and had to run out and buy some new underwear to keep me going the extra 5 days I was there.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 3:42 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Sarah- wrote:

Haha this happened to me too Sarah. I got stuck in London and had to run out and buy some new underwear to keep me going the extra 5 days I was there.

haha it was so weird because i don't exactly leave my country too often and suddenly sth like that happens ;D well i was lucky to stay with a nice "host family" so i was able to wash my stuff. i ended up staying for 10 days ;)

where did you stay in london? a hostel/hotel?

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 5:12 PM Quote
I was lucky because I was meeting up with a friend and her parents live quite close to gatwick airport - they had to put up with me the extra time. I felt a bit awkward though asking if I could wash my undies. I was only supposed to be away for 2 days and then it turned into nearly a week!!

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 7:52 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I was lucky because I was meeting up with a friend and her parents live quite close to gatwick airport - they had to put up with me the extra time. I felt a bit awkward though asking if I could wash my undies. I was only supposed to be away for 2 days and then it turned into nearly a week!!

Did yu eat well ? You never know about England...

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:10 AM