Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 30 May, 2010 4:03 PM Quote
What an amazing Game 1

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 30 May, 2010 4:22 PM Quote
Why is this thread suddenly on top? The last post was Wed.

Eurovision
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 01 Jun, 2010 2:10 AM Quote
OK that first comment I believe was one Darran tried to make in the hockey thread and then the second one was me but I was trying to post that in the hockey thread.

Anyway, since the gremlins seem to be somewhat tamed (though click on your username and see where it takes you) I would like to return to my original query:

What do the European boardies think of Eurovision?

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 01 Jun, 2010 5:26 PM Quote
CRAP !!! I used to love it as a child (I think I dreamed of being able to dress up in their ridiculous costumes :-S ) I can't sit and watch it now - it's a disgrace !

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 7:40 PM Quote
I don't watch Eurovision, but what happened to the Spanish singer was not nice...

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 7:45 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
I don't watch Eurovision, but what happened to the Spanish singer was not nice...

I think it was hilarious! :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 7:51 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
Monica wrote:

I think it was hilarious! :D

What happened to the Spanish singer?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 8:13 PM Quote
A random guy from the crowd just jumped onstage and started dancing with them I think. The Spanish guy demanded that he be allowed sing again...so he did at the end.

I used to love it when I was younger, but I just find Eurovision depressing now. And I didn't appreciate having to watch it on my birthday! :(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 8:31 PM Quote
I read an article saying there was a lot of criticism for how expensive it is. How many nights does it air? Why is it so expensive? And can't the country/station (who foots the bill exactly) make the money back through ads and such?

I listened to the song that won. I wish I could have those 4 minutes back.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 8:35 PM Quote
How do you get picked to represent the country? Could I just write a song and submit it if I lived in a European country? i would like to write one about crumpet love. and unicorns.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 9:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
How do you get picked to represent the country? Could I just write a song and submit it if I lived in a European country? i would like to write one about crumpet love. and unicorns.

Well in Turkey, the national TV (TRT) chooses a singer/band and wants him/her to compose a new song. He/she usually composes at least 3, and then a jury of this channel chooses the best one.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 9:17 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Well in Turkey, the national TV (TRT) chooses a singer/band and wants him/her to compose a new song. He/she usually composes at least 3, and then a jury of this channel chooses the best one.

is it normally a very well known person/band? or someone up and coming that no one has heard of?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 9:18 PM Quote
I read that other people composed the winning POS song. I thought part of it was that you had to compose it yourself.

Edit: Clearly did not process travisturkey's response when I wrote this

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 9:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
travisturkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

is it normally a very well known person/band? or someone up and coming that no one has heard of?

It is normally a very famous singer/band although with a few exceptions in certain years. However , that is probably because Turkey takes Eurovision very seriously somehow :s

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:24 PM Quote
I knew there were switeroos at the begining, but I just noticed now that it actually says you are in teh hey hey hockey fans thread while you are in there. Oh board. I dont know what I would do it you were normal!

But what I came to say is, if these pictures are any indication, im so sad to have never seen this competition
http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go_fug_yourself/2010/06/eurovision2010.html#more

So it is kinda like the olympics and american idol got together and had some drug filled orgy?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:33 AM