Travis

Re: Help needed
Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 29 Jun, 2010 7:46 PM Quote
Continuing on with the not so bright...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jun, 2010 9:14 PM Quote
I thought about this thread last night when I was watching some crazy lady on a news channel. She was interviewing some guy who estimated a location by several meters (metres for some of you). She said, "This is AMERICA, how far is that?" and then the guy gave her an estimation in yards and she said something about speaking English on the show. Last time I checked there were plenty of English speakers who use the metric system.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 Jul, 2010 6:46 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I thought about this thread last night when I was watching some crazy lady on a news channel. She was interviewing some guy who estimated a location by several meters (metres for some of you). She said, "This is AMERICA, how far is that?" and then the guy gave her an estimation in yards and she said something about speaking English on the show. Last time I checked there were plenty of English speakers who use the metric system.

Were you watching Fox News? lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 02 Jul, 2010 2:28 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Were you watching Fox News? lol

I think it was CNN. I was really surprised she could be on any news channel at all with some of the things she was saying. I don't think I'd have put her on community access.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 10 Jul, 2010 3:26 AM Quote
I was just telling Juli about something I found in Alex Lake's blog (English photographer) and she told me about this thread, so I thought I might come and share it with you too.

Quote:

Two American ladies I overheard talking in Berlin.

First girl, “Is Switzerland in Europe?”

Her friend, “No it’s near Paris.”

Link to the blog post

... *shakes head*

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 4:56 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I was just telling Juli about something I found in Alex Lake's blog (English photographer) and she told me about this thread, so I thought I might come and share it with you too.

Quote:

Two American ladies I overheard talking in Berlin.

First girl, “Is Switzerland in Europe?”

Her friend, “No it’s near Paris.”

Link to the blog post

... *shakes head*

How do these people dress themselves in the morning? I cannot comprehend such idiocy.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 10:36 PM