Travis

Political Compass
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 4:33 AM Quote

It's a test. You answer a bunch of questions and then you get a graphic that shows your position on the left/right scale, as well as the authoritarian/libertarian scale. The first scale takes into consideration your views on economy, the second one, your social views.
I don't think it's very accurate, but it's fun.

Predictably, I'm in the Left Libertarian quadrant. :oP

Political Compass.

Re: Political Compass
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 5:22 PM Quote
That's where I was too, and I'm very surprised. I think you're much more liberal than I am, Juli. I'm pretty uptight about lots of stuff.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 6:10 PM Quote

Well, it's just a test, so who knows on what grounds they decide that an opinion on a certain matter is more or less right/left or libertarian/authoritarian than anohter. It's quite subjective.
And it's a big quadrant. I got like -9.12 on the left/right scale and -7.33 on the social libertarian/authoritarian one.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 6:23 PM Quote
I'm much closer to the middle on both. On a few of the questions I wish there was an "I don't know" answer. There were very few questions I felt strongly about, I either agreed or disagreed. I thought the abstract art question was interesting.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 6:27 PM Quote
I was also left libertarian

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 7:33 PM Quote
Same here
Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56

The Dalai Lama is the closest personality

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 9:17 PM Quote
I have no closest personality but I checked out the list of recommended reading and I didn't know most authors, but liked that it suggested Pierre Bourdieu and Naomi Klein.
I'm a big fan of Bourdieu.
I also did the Iconochasms quiz and it was very interesting.

mili
mili Posted Wed 05 May, 2010 9:26 PM Quote
I tried to do the test twice, but it broke down both times. Pity, it looked interesting. Perhaps it was Error_1 again?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 06 May, 2010 12:14 PM Quote
Right Libertarian.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 06 May, 2010 5:28 PM Quote
Seems a lot of us are left libertarians then. This was interesting, I study so much about these kinda things, but I'm never sure what I believe in or who I agree with.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 May, 2010 7:50 PM Quote

I think the test is done considering western first world societies. In Argentina (and I'm guessing in other Latin American countries as well) my political views would be considered closer to center-left and not as far-left as the result I got. I wonder what Argentinian left-wing activists would get: "Sorry, you're off the chart", haha.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 06 May, 2010 11:12 PM Quote
The way the questions are worded has a lot to do with it. There were a few questions where I'd like to say, "Well, it depends..." You're limited to yes or no. I'm certainly not very left. I guess I'm a very conservative liberal person, or a liberal conservative person.

Error1
Error1 Posted Fri 07 May, 2010 12:41 AM Quote
I am dead center.

This is not an error.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:52 AM