Travis

Help! Where can I find "The Great Unknown"/"This Love" mp3s
Are
Are Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
Does anyone know where I can download "The Great Unknown" and "This Love" from the Closer 7" singles in high quality mp3?

I've bought all three singles, but I have no vinyl player, so I'm iching to hear these tracks!

Just to point out, I'm against piracy. I have everything Travis related I've had the possibility to buy. I only download tracks that aren't available elsewhere.

I also think one or two of the numerous older 7" singles I have contain songs I have never heard because they ain't on the cd singles. I have almost all of Travis' singles on CD. But I don't remember which other singles have exclusive vinyl tracks.

Also, I wouldn't mind having the acoustic version of Closer either, as I have no way to play the iTunes file if I downloaded it.

Re: Help! Where can I find
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
As I got the TBWNN b-sides and hidden tracks thanks to one kind soul from the old messageboard (thanks again!) I think it's only fair if I too shared them :)

I've uploaded them to Savefile http://savefile.com/projects/808500971

These are .m4a files though, not mp3-s.

Evelyn

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 1:20 PM Quote
I'd like to listen to The Great Unknown myself too. I've not heard it before. You could be saying it's a great unknown track to me. See what I did there? Geddit? No? ahem.

Anyways, what program reads m4a files? Because I've downloaded it here, but my media player doesn't like it.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 1:25 PM Quote
You can play them with Nero Show Time - There may be other programmes supporting this format but none that I know of.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 1:39 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'd like to listen to The Great Unknown myself too. I've not heard it before. You could be saying it's a great unknown track to me. See what I did there? Geddit? No? ahem.

Anyways, what program reads m4a files? Because I've downloaded it here, but my media player doesn't like it.

You should use some unknown programme to listen to this great (it really is great!) unknown track.
(meaning - I saw what you did :)

I've listened them with Winamp, they play just fine there.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 2:07 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

You should use some unknown programme to listen to this great (it really is great!) unknown track.
(meaning - I saw what you did :)

I've listened them with Winamp, they play just fine there.

I've heard it now. After two listens, I'm not sure if it's great...but it's definitely no longer unknown. It'll grow on me no doubt.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 2:30 PM Quote
I've heard it now. After two listens, I'm not sure if it's great...but it's definitely no longer unknown. It'll grow on me no doubt.

Well ok, maybe it's not a great great song, but it's a good Neil song, don't you think?

I, who usually don't do this, feel tempted as hell to do this *imitates drum sound and plays airdrums*

*wipes spit off the screen* sorry!

And there's the crazy pianist part as well *ta-dum, ta-dum, ta-dum*
:)
In a word - i like it quite a lot

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
In a word - i like it quite a lot

That's in six words actually. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

*Goes and listens to it again to check out drumming and piano part*

vivian
vivian Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
Thanks for sharing, Evelyn (:

For me downloads are a good 'temporary solution'. Can't afford to buy every record/single of every band as they're released, but with the bands I really like I do collect all their stuff over time (:

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 8:46 PM Quote
thanks, i to have bought vinyl and havent got a player anymore (time to get one with all travis stuff no coming out on vinyl)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
Are wrote:
I've bought all three singles, but I have no vinyl player, so I'm iching to hear these tracks!

Just to point out, I'm against piracy. I have everything Travis related I've had the possibility to buy. I only download tracks that aren't available elsewhere.

Technically, having these tracks "illegally" (even though Fran promoted the leak openly to some people i know) isn't piracy- as you have already bought them.

And also- why buy 7" vinyls when you don't have a record player? Isn't that like buying teabags when you don't have a kettle?

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 8:53 AM Quote
vivian wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Evelyn (:

You're welcome! I'm only 'paying it forward', though. Having no record player i too will be one of those waiting impatiently for someone to upload the new b-sides when the next single comes out :(

paul_c wrote:
And also- why buy 7" vinyls when you don't have a record player? Isn't that like buying teabags when you don't have a kettle?

... or drinking instant coffee in Mr. Bean's style (who, poor man, had coffee but no cup) :D

A few possible answers to your question:
1) because when on one fine day they do get a record player they'll be able to listen to them;
2) because, like you said yourself, owning a copy of a vinyl makes you feel less guilty for downloading the songs;
3) why do people collect 50 years old stamps when they know they can't use them for sending letters anyway? I'd say because they like to collect them. You of all people should know that, considering you've shown (off with) your huge collection here on the MB for several times (yes, it's the envy in me that's talking).

Are
Are Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
As I got the TBWNN b-sides and hidden tracks thanks to one kind soul from the old messageboard (thanks again!) I think it's only fair if I too shared them :)

Evelyn

Hi!
Thanks for the files! But, is there any way you can make them in higher quality, and in mp3? These files sound really bad, they don't really do Travis justice.

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
Are wrote:
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Evelyn

Hi!
Thanks for the files! But, is there any way you can make them in higher quality, and in mp3? These files sound really bad, they don't really do Travis justice.

Here and here

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:05 AM