Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 1:11 AM Quote
Dubz, that's good news about the job offer! Congratulations! I am though, with everyone else on the hotel thing though. It's not being selfish at all. You do have to look at it more long term, and it sounds like something more suited to what you need. Maybe Kristy is right--maybe you can volunteer on weekends or something with the kids' place.

Either way you decide though, I wish you the best!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 1:13 AM Quote
My husband has been away on his annual business trip since Sunday morning. He'll be back in a couple of hours. Every year I realize just how difficult it would be to be a single parent. There's no back-up goalie to rely on, no "go ask daddy," nobody to run to the store to buy milk, etc. It's all you. It wasn't so bad this year, maybe because I don't have babies anymore, but still...tough job. On the fun side, I've enjoyed watching chick flicks every night and having the big bed all to myself and being able to flip and flop. I'm a flip flopper.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:03 PM Quote
Argh. I finally have to face it and write an application in English. I really really wanted to avoid this as I haven't done it since the 1990's. *sigh*

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:40 PM Quote
Thank you so much guys you have all been brilliant and it's very much appreciated.

The Hotel just called, I start on Tuesday !!

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thank you so much guys you have all been brilliant and it's very much appreciated.

The Hotel just called, I start on Tuesday !!

Dubz

YAY! way to go!
Off to give a presentation for my 2nd interview. Cross your everythings!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:57 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

YAY! way to go!
Off to give a presentation for my 2nd interview. Cross your everythings!

Best of Luck !!!

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:09 PM Quote
All right, Dubz!

Kristy, best of luck to you! I know you're presentation will be great.

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:12 PM Quote
Writing cover letters for job applications.
Fun innit ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:30 PM Quote
Facebook had an ad asking if I liked Nickelback.

http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:38 PM Quote
Anne, I think their ads must pick up on key words. Just because you've said you HATE Nickelback, all it knows if you use the word a lot. Ironic, isn't it?

And while we're talking about cover letters, I've read a few things lately that says that large companies often use key word scanning software to scan resumes and cover letters before a human even reads them. It picks up key words asked for in the job ad. So if you are applying to a large corporation, repeat the key words used in the job description to increase your chances of your resume getting through. Anyone else heard about companies doing that?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:41 PM Quote
awesome news dubz

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 3:47 PM Quote
Dubz, that is great! Yay!

Kristy, good luck with your presentation/interview! You're gonna kick ass!

Absy, good luck on you job hunt.

And...hello to everyone else here in Travisland!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 4:16 PM Quote
Sounds great, Dubz.
Great luck to you on Tuesday and to Kristy today!
And also to Absy and Lilly!

weirdmom wrote:

I've slept only three hours and I first read "Facebook had an ad asking if I killed Nickelback".
That would have been quite interesting, wouldn't it? :oP

Thanks Linds for the luck!
The show was unbelievable!!! My first time seeing Muse. They played only 8 songs (about 40 minutes), but the stadium was aaawesomeee so I could see perfectly fine even though I'm very short and was pretty far from the stage.
Muse sounded ace, really. My god Matt Bellamy can sing live sooo darn well! Such high notes for a male voice.
And when the show ended I totally felt like learning how to play drums, lol.
And U2 was cool too, although I definitely can't stand Bono's demagogic crap. The show in itself was amazing, the sound was very good, except in With Or Without You: there were some problems... (which in my opinion shouldn't have happened, as they have the most incredible sound equipment ever). But all in all, really great.
And they played One Day Like This by Elbow right before the start, which to me was absolutely lovely. I'm quite sure I was the only one there who knew the song, though, haha.
Anyway, terrific show.
The horrible, horrible part was going to and back from La Plata. The motorway and the city are so not prepared for that quantity of people. We nearly didn't make it on time for the show even though we had left with plenty of extra time. A journey that usually lasts 40 minutes lasted over two hours. And going back home was even worse: the congestion went from the motorway to every single street of the city that leads there. I think it would have been faster if we had walked all the way. And the icing of the cake: there was this awfully thick fog in the motorway so we couldn't see beyond two metres from where we were. The show ended around 23:50, I arrived home at 5 am.
I don't regret going, because the show in itself was amazing, but I'm certain I will never go to a gig in that stadium ever again. :oP

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 5:40 PM Quote
Well done Dubz on the hotel job (best choice in my opinion)
Good luck to all those applying for jobs and going thru interviews.
Kayte, my husband is often away and although it's tough, I'm now starting to enjoy the "me" time.
Juli, the gig sounds fab. I'm going to see Puggy tonight and can't wait. I'm not sure yet how I'm gonna stand for 2 hours though - my ankle is twisted and strapped up in a splint at the moment. My fault for falling down a staircase under the influence after a glass or two of white wine, humpf! We had a great weekend skiing with friends though :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 5:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg

NATALIE DEE! I love Natalie Dee!
Interview went as well as it could have. I think 4 other people made the short list (which is not a reflection of my height). I was hoping for maybe only 3, but here's hoping i impressed them enough! They said it might take a few days to find out. sitting, waiting, wishing...
But Meggy and I are going to a concert tonight! fun!

Pages Previous 1...91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:40 PM