Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I got a Job (placement), I'll be working in the Radisson Hotel St.Helens. I can't believe I got it I was so hungover it wasn't funny.

Hang in there Kristy & Meggy, If I can manage it so can you guys !!!

Dubz

way to go Dubz! What does placement mean? internship? Bet it will lead to great things! congrats! What are you going to be doing?
I think its going to be a good week for us all. Going to the interview for the job I really want in a few hours.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I got a Job (placement), I'll be working in the Radisson Hotel St.Helens. I can't believe I got it I was so hungover it wasn't funny.

Hang in there Kristy & Meggy, If I can manage it so can you guys !!!

Dubz

way to go Dubz! What does placement mean? Temporary? Anywho, a job is a job! congrats! What are you going to be doing?
I think its going to be a good week for us all. Going to the interview for the job I really want in a few hours.

Yeah it's an unpaid placement for 9 months (like an internship) I get an extra €20 on my Welfare Payment & they've agreed to pay my travel expenses, It's a Maintenance/Facilities type position, should get plenty of experience and stuff, and without being to big headed I'm damn good at what I do, I reckon I could make myself an asset that they will not want to let go come the end of the term.

Good Luck this afternoon, let's make it a good day all round. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:55 PM Quote
Congrats Dubz and good luck, Kristy!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 2:30 PM Quote
Nice to wake up to good news. Congrats, Dubz.

Kristy, I know you'll do great on your interview today!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 2:51 PM Quote
Congrats, Dubz! That's so great; I'm happy for you :D

Kristy, I've got a good feeling you'll get something soon!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 3:01 PM Quote

Hey, way to go, Dubz! The place looks gorgeous!!
And best of luck, Kristy!

I've had such an absurdly awful morning. So absurd that it is actually funny (I was torn between tears and laughter and I opted for the latter, which was great, as now I am not in a bad mood despite everything that's happened to me). I won't get into details though, because I won't be the one to spoil the good vibes going on in this thread. :oP

Oh, joyyyy! It's a beautiful day! Rain is falling. :o)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
Good job Dubz! Any time I see St. Helens it makes me think of the mountain/volcano that blew its top :P

Good luck today Kristy Bear!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 4:38 PM Quote
It's ok, Juli. You can tell us about your horrid day.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 5:27 PM Quote
It's okay Juli, tell us!
I think the interview went well! they seemed to be impressed with my answers and I knew that one of their shows was opening in Toronto next year, so that helped. Im supposed to find out friday or monday if Ive made it to round 2!

Also, it is lovely and sunny and bright here, and snowing at home. Winner! (in a non Charlie Sheen kind of way)

Okay, off for dinner with a distant relative, who Nikki thought was my date. Despite the fact that he is gay and we are kinda related :P

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 7:39 PM Quote
Yay for everyone!

Not my kind of day. I kind of hate myself today so excuse me, I'm off to watch tv, eat chocolate and be generally pathetic.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:36 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Yay for everyone!

Not my kind of day. I kind of hate myself today so excuse me, I'm off to watch tv, eat chocolate and be generally pathetic.

:(
We will go to Notting Hill on Friday and find Hugh Grant and make everything better.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Mar, 2011 8:19 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Yay for everyone!

You are not pathetic !!, you're just a wee bit down and need to pamper yourself. You'll bounce back. Anyway I hope you two have fun in Notting Hill tomorrow.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Mar, 2011 1:57 PM Quote
Just walked out to Stillorgan (via Sandymount Strand) to fill in some paperwork for my job. Now in Booterstown gonna walk out to Dun Laoghaire to get bus home.

Dubz

eta:Walked to Dun Laoghaire today, NCR, East Point Toll Bridge, Ringsend, Sandymount Strand, Mount Merrion, Booterstown, Blackrock, Seapoint and Dun Laoghaire. 3.5 hrs 11.miles

mili
mili Posted Thu 24 Mar, 2011 5:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Just walked out to Stillorgan (via Sandymount Strand) to fill in some paperwork for my job. Now in Booterstown gonna walk out to Dun Laoghaire to get bus home.

Dubz

eta:Walked to Dun Laoghaire today, NCR, East Point Toll Bridge, Ringsend, Sandymount Strand, Mount Merrion, Booterstown, Blackrock, Seapoint and Dun Laoghaire. 3.5 hrs 11.miles

Sound like you're getting pretty fit, good for you!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Mar, 2011 6:47 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Sound like you're getting pretty fit, good for you!

More of a stroll than actual fitness but I was out for a run this morning before I went.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:45 PM