Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I found out last night that in 5 weeks the people we are staying with have family coming, so we have to be out by then. Which is completely fair enough. They have been so generous to us, BUT that puts things in warp speed. I NEED a job and a flat. I have enough saved to get a flat, but some people won't take you on without employment. I have an interview on Wednesday and I really want the job. And Im qualified. Im going to kick its ass! And started sending emails to view flats. My friend and I wanted our own place, but a flat share looks like the easier route at this pount. It will be cheaper and things will already be set up. Everyone send good vibes for the next few days/weeks. Need things to turn around! GRRR. Getting this shite done!

But, on the bright side, Meggy and I are going to a concert next week. And tickets were only 3 pounds.

Kristy Dear- sending lots of good vibes your way!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 3:23 PM Quote
Just back from a 3 hour walk taking in NCR, Phoenix Park (Wellington Monument), Croppy Acre (Monument), Museum of Decorative Art & History (1916 Easter Rising & Military Life in the Barracks), Arbour Hill Graveyard (Grave of the 1916 Leaders) & Grangegorman. I'll upload pics to FB in a wee while.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 3:50 PM Quote
My laptop powercord broke. Boo. But a photo trial that I did for a fashion website was successful. Thanks to the help from the lovely Megg! So I'm going to be a part of their street photography team, submit a photo once every few weeks/a month to a website that gets half a million hits a month! cool! it isnt paid, but it could lead to that. But that isnt why I am doing it anyways. Seems like a fun opportunity and something to do photography and fashion related.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:01 PM Quote
Help? lol, all I did was holding your notebook & pen from time to time!

And don't lie! You just want an awksome excuse to approach cute boys :P. Which I am totally fine with, don't get me wrong.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:23 PM Quote
My nice, peaceful afternoon has turned into the opposite.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:24 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

And don't lie! You just want an awksome excuse to approach cute boys :P. Which I am totally fine with, don't get me wrong.

AND you held the Japanese guys H&M bag!
Oh right, awksome excuse!

mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Well done girls, both in the fields of photography and cute boys!

mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My nice, peaceful afternoon has turned into the opposite.

Sorry about that :^(

I heard today that an old family friend passed away yesterday. He had been ill on/off for decades, and I hadn't seen him for years. It saddens me that there won't be another chance now.
He gave my now husband (then boyfriend) his first job here when existing employment was still a requirement for a work and residence permit in Finland, i.e. before we joined the EU.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 5:05 PM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Well done girls, both in the fields of photography and cute boys!

I dont know how cute they were. Well, guy who I thought was french and Megg wasnt so sure was kinda cute. But short. But dudes that dress this well are either gay or too cool for me.
I think at some point I have to go and meet with the other photographers and people who run the website and it will become clear how uncool I am!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 5:49 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I dont know how cute they were. Well, guy who I thought was french and Megg wasnt so sure was kinda cute. But short. But dudes that dress this well are either gay or too cool for me.

Precisely. The German boy was also cute but in a "awww, look at this nicely dressed German kid!" way.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Mar, 2011 6:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Precisely. The German boy was also cute but in a "awww, look at this nicely dressed German kid!" way.

Yup. and I think about 20. Oh man, 20 does not seem like that long ago, BUT IT WAS!
Everyone was really nice though. I expect well dressed people to be a-holes sometimes.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 2:06 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
showing feelings is a sign of weakness.

Dubz

My dad would tell me that as a kid and it kind of messed me up a bit. My mum wasn't much better, she would always tell me 'i pity the woman that ends up with you'. In her defence she probably has a point.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:50 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
showing feelings is a sign of weakness.

Dubz

My dad would tell me that as a kid and it kind of messed me up a bit. My mum wasn't much better, she would always tell me 'i pity the woman that ends up with you'. In her defence she probably has a point.

That's the Scottish way, Give your kids a complex it gives them something to build on in later life. I have issues and I'm aware of them but I don't mind, my sister on the other hand is quite resentful about it all.

In other news I just got a call from an ex colleague telling me that a prospective employer is looking for references, gotta be a good sign.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:20 PM Quote
I got a Job (placement), I'll be working in the Radisson Hotel St.Helens. I can't believe I got it I was so hungover it wasn't funny.

Hang in there Kristy & Meggy, If I can manage it so can you guys !!!

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:24 PM Quote
Way to go Dubz!

Pages Previous 1...86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:49 PM