Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 3:03 AM Quote
I booked flights out east and am going on vacation for a week next month! woot, this will be my longest time off since I started working 3 years ago.
Tomorrow: accomodations and car rental. There is a possibility of a smart car. tee hee. I will put it in my pocket.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:47 AM Quote
They put my picture/information on the UIUC's website as I will be joining them next year :) Bottom of the page ( Mehmet Kurt) =)

http://lndvl.mechse.illinois.edu/index.php?id=1011|Current+Members

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 12:38 PM Quote
I'm about to go into a meeting to ask for a pay-rise!!! I just have to be bolshy and ask, but that's not like me at all....

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 1:38 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I'm about to go into a meeting to ask for a pay-rise!!! I just have to be bolshy and ask, but that's not like me at all....

Grab the bull by the horns missy!

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 05 Jun, 2010 2:28 AM Quote
So is the board now error free? that would make me happy

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 05 Jun, 2010 10:13 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yay !!! The woman turned up 45 minutes late to our meeting so I was sooooo pissed off that I completely spoke my mind. Payrise on it's way, wooooohoooo :-D
Thanks for the encouragement Anne - I find these sort of things really tough.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 05 Jun, 2010 2:51 PM Quote
Today I have no plans, so I am going to use today to make future plans. So, I guess I do have a plan for today after all.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:38 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yay !!! The woman turned up 45 minutes late to our meeting so I was sooooo pissed off that I completely spoke my mind. Payrise on it's way, wooooohoooo :-D
Thanks for the encouragement Anne - I find these sort of things really tough.

Heyyy! Congratulations Debbie!! That's awesome news! :o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 06 Jun, 2010 12:15 AM Quote
woot Debs!
I have my annual performance review on Monday, which is supposed to result in raises for all admin staff, which would still have us drastically below industry standards, but here's hoping it will soon be slightly less so!

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 06 Jun, 2010 6:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
woot Debs!
I have my annual performance review on Monday, which is supposed to result in raises for all admin staff, which would still have us drastically below industry standards, but here's hoping it will soon be slightly less so!

Good luck !!Do they make you get down and beg for recognition of good work too??
At least a payrise means more lovely shoes to put in the wardrobe :-P

Thanks Juli - I'm actually feeling quite proud of myself :-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 06 Jun, 2010 11:09 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
woot Debs!

Good luck !!Do they make you get down and beg for recognition of good work too??
At least a payrise means more lovely shoes to put in the wardrobe :-P

Thanks Juli - I'm actually feeling quite proud of myself :-)

recognition of good work!? what in the world is that!?
Okay, my immediate boss has become much better at that lately, but others, not so much.
must ease up on the new shoes. I have a new country to move to soon enough :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 10:52 AM Quote
Aaah when you move abroad, luggage is always a major problem. It's bad enough for a holiday but when you know you need stuff for a long time....... we do have clothes shops in Europe though, so you can always buy whatever's missing (plenty of TopShop over here). It's bringing it all back that gets tricky. How long'll you be in the Uk for?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 11:38 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
we do have clothes shops in Europe though,

you don't say? lol.
Oh i know, I have NO idea how Im going to move all my stuff. I think there is going to have to be a giant box of stuff that I leave and slowly get people to send to me.
The visa will be for upwards of 2 years. So ideally, 2 years!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 2:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:
we do have clothes shops in Europe though,

you don't say? lol.
Oh i know, I have NO idea how Im going to move all my stuff. I think there is going to have to be a giant box of stuff that I leave and slowly get people to send to me.
The visa will be for upwards of 2 years. So ideally, 2 years!

If it's stuff that you don't need immediately, you can just ship it by sea, I think. I believe that's how my parents got all their stuff over to Germany.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 3:44 PM Quote
ya, I think im going to have to bring all winter stuff with me (it will be January) and have all warm weather stuff sent later. And any comfort items from home. I think all that will make it during the actual move are clothes and essentials. Thinking of the shoes I would have to leave behind makes me so sad! Also, I think I will wear about 18 layers on the flight!

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:06 PM