Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:48 PM Quote
mili wrote:
It's the cold weather, kids try on each other's hats, headgear is stored close to other's hats, kids borrow combs… and lice are happy.

Rachel said last year they had all the kids put their coats and hats in plastic bags instead of hanging next to each other in the cubbies.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:37 PM Quote

Megg, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's friend. It sounds so terrible and shocking. *Hugs*

Today's news of myself:
Hello, my name is Julieta and I am a pushover. At least when I'm at work. And I really don't know how to change it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 6:28 PM Quote
I think I am finally moving in the right direction of getting a UK bank account. I got my address changed on my bank account/visa at home and apperently my visa bill is being issues in 4 days, so should arrive here within 2 weeks and THEN i can get a bank account. ugh.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 8:05 PM Quote
My mp3 player is no longer supported !!!

Fucking Creative wankbags, It's discontinued and as such there are no available drivers/software updates to run on Windows 7.

Bah Humbug.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 12:02 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yeah I guess that is true. This might be obvious but once you create a profile make as many contacts as possible. It makes you look fancier and more professional.

Next, have your profile be as full as possible. I don't mean just your work experience, I mean fill in all the various areas they recommend. Upload a picture and (this is big) get recommendations. Those have to come from people that actually worked with (paid or volunteer) but it can't just be your friend.

Finally, join groups that are of interest to you. It's a way to make more connections and get on people's radars. My friend got several job interviews this way.

And there are jobs just listed on there that you can search for. I got one interview myself through a Linkedin posting.

I was just getting mine in better shape when I got a job this fall so it's not perfect but I have a job right now so I don't care.

Did all of this yesterday, Thank You

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 2:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Yeah I guess that is true. This might be obvious but once you create a profile make as many contacts as possible. It makes you look fancier and more professional.

Next, have your profile be as full as possible. I don't mean just your work experience, I mean fill in all the various areas they recommend. Upload a picture and (this is big) get recommendations. Those have to come from people that actually worked with (paid or volunteer) but it can't just be your friend.

Finally, join groups that are of interest to you. It's a way to make more connections and get on people's radars. My friend got several job interviews this way.

And there are jobs just listed on there that you can search for. I got one interview myself through a Linkedin posting.

I was just getting mine in better shape when I got a job this fall so it's not perfect but I have a job right now so I don't care.

Did all of this yesterday, Thank You

Dubz

Good for you! Hope it leads to something. Maybe you can be a trendsetter in Dublin. Name drop it and if they say "what's that?" you can roll your eyes and say "you haven't heard of it? wow."

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:13 PM Quote
I found out this morning that my city plans to lay off the ENTIRE fire department next month. This sounds like a bad idea. Maybe I should go buy a fire extinguisher.

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I found out this morning that my city plans to lay off the ENTIRE fire department next month. This sounds like a bad idea. Maybe I should go buy a fire extinguisher.

What are they thinking or I guess they arent? But seriously why?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
I've an interview for a voluntary position as a youth leader in a disadvantaged youth club tomorrow. 4pm to 7pm Monday to Friday.

Should be interesting...

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 7:17 PM Quote
Had my first interview today. I think it went well. I dont think it went AMAZINGLY, but feel pretty good about it. Didnt say anything stupid, at least. But who knows who else they are interviewing. Should hear something by the end of the week.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 9:20 PM Quote
I've just been informed that I've been accepted to the MA programme in Human Rights and Social Policies! Lessons begin on 10th March. :o)
Woot!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 9:59 PM Quote
woot! congrats Juli!
How long is the programme?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 1:23 AM Quote
Awesome, Juli! Congrats!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 2:35 AM Quote
Congrats Juli!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 3:23 AM Quote
Yay Juli!! Congratulations!

Pages Previous 1...76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:23 AM