Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:53 PM Quote
Snow with thunder & lightning. Wild stuff.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 2:02 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Thundersnow! Sounds awesome! Is this snOMG part 2?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 2:48 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thundersnow! Sounds awesome! Is this snOMG part 2?

Maybe. We've got about 5-6 inches so far with more snow expected tomorrow. It's supposed to be worse up by Nikki from what I've heard. We're getting freezing rain tonight whereas they're supposed to get more snow.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 2:44 PM Quote
Ok, so once again the forecasters were wrong. No freezing rain. Just more snow. Definiately more than SnOMG that they hyped for an entire week. I'd say we have about 8 inches now. Maybe a little more on the way tonight. But Don made it into work fine. His boss is stuck in her driveway.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 7:33 PM Quote
My dad got a kindle from my mum for his (53rd) Bday. I didn't think it would be as impressive as the hype that surround it, but it is a great piece of tech.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 8:49 PM Quote
I accidently bought clothes when I meant to just buy shoes for a job interview. DAMN YOU LONDON AND YOUR AMAZING SHOPPING

ps- My Eyes was playing in Paperchase. It is a big chain, because it is LOVELY.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 10:40 PM Quote
My daughter has lice again. I've decided to pony up the money and pay a service that guarantees their services. I think her class is just reinfecting each other over and over but we need help in protecting her from getting it again.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 10:44 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
My daughter has lice again. I've decided to pony up the money and pay a service that guarantees their services. I think her class is just reinfecting each other over and over but we need help in protecting her from getting it again.

how does said service work?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 10:58 PM Quote
Not really sure but they asked me to put olive oil in her hair to start loosening things up. I know it's all natural products and they will only need to do one treatment. That's part of it, I can't take another week of combing through their hair a few times a day. I'm sure I'll still have to wash everything which is a pain but anything I can do to lessen the workload I'll do at this point.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:17 PM Quote
What steps is the school taking? Catherine can't be the only one who has been reinfected.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
What steps is the school taking? Catherine can't be the only one who has been reinfected.

I don't really know. The teacher had emailed that the class just keeps passing it around but they seem to have some ridiculous policy of not sending out letters about it or anything since it's not a dangerous infection.

After the lady comes I am planning on emailing the teacher to see what more we as a class can do because this is ridiculous.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:50 PM Quote
They need to do what they did when we were in school. Have professionals or school personel or whoever check every single kid in the school and send them home immediately and not allow them back until they are clear. That's ridiculous.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:53 PM Quote
ya, kids shouldnt be in school with lice. Sorry if it singles them out, but then this happens!

Hehe, teachers emailing parents. so modern.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 1:54 AM Quote
I agree. The policy is ridiculous. When they called I picked them up but I could have said I'm not coming to get them and they would have to send them back to class.

Someone else currently getting those nasty critters out of her hair. Soooooo worth it.

She is suggesting that we put gel or mousse or some sort of product in her hair everyday. She says they prefer clean hair so if you dirty it up they aren't as prone to hang out and be big jerkfaces.

I don't know if I've mentioned on the board but I've been sick for about a week and a half. I'm horribly fatigued (like I feel like I've been given a sleeping pill no matter how much I sleep) and for several days I was icy cold with a temperature below normal. I thought it might be anemia or something so I went to the doctor. She said she thought it was a virus but said we could do blood work if I wanted to.

Still waiting on that but I was feeling a little better so I was hopeful it was a virus and it was going away. Feeling bad again today but of course I pushed it and went to San Diego for a work training this weekend so I was thinking it was more that than the virus. Well I just took my temp and now I have a fever.

My body is seriously irking me.

mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 8:04 AM Quote
Here we get lice warnings every autumn from school (and previously from the day care), and if one class gets them, there are emails to urge to check your kid and deal with it. I think the mass inspections only take place if situation gets out of hands, as it seems to have in your kids' school.

It's the cold weather, kids try on each other's hats, headgear is stored close to other's hats, kids borrow combs… and lice are happy.

Pages Previous 1...75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:33 PM