Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 17 Feb, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
Not great with the techie stuff but I've been caught out a few times when using wireless and a laptop, there's usually a switch on the front or side that I've managed to knock into the off position.

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 17 Feb, 2011 10:47 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Not great with the techie stuff but I've been caught out a few times when using wireless and a laptop, there's usually a switch on the front or side that I've managed to knock into the off position.

Dubz

Cheers Dubz, i will give that try. It's bound to be something simple which makes it all the more frustrating

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 17 Feb, 2011 10:47 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Cheers Dubz, i will give that a try. It's bound to be something simple which makes it all the more frustrating

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 17 Feb, 2011 11:17 PM Quote
You're Welcome,

I've realised, I haven't got off the couch all day, didn't bother to get dressed and haven't left the house since I got home on Tues night/Wed morn. Must make an effort tomorrow.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 3:37 PM Quote
I wonder if kristy will have a job interview that goes like ,

" where are you from ?"

Hamilton

" Hamilton ? Home of Canadas greatest band the Forgotten Rebels ?"

why , why yes

" Hired "

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 3:58 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

" where are you from ?"

Hamilton

why , why yes

" Hired "

or Hamilton, Home of The Scottish Premier League's shittiest football team ??

Dubz

Absy
Absy Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 7:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

" where are you from ?"

Hamilton

why , why yes

" Hired "

or Hamilton, Home of The Scottish Premier League's shittiest football team ??

Dubz

hahahaha !

Absy
Absy Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 7:16 PM Quote
6 pounds to lose and I can wear my slim jeans again.
Cannot wait.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 7:35 PM Quote
Crisis day. I hate the banks here ( I don't understand why 4 different documents and the internet bank statements with my address on them are not the proof of address whereas the lame 1-page bank statement sent by the post which I need to get from Poland is?! It makes no sense).

I also got the dreamy room-to-rent offer in a very attractive price. I mean, DREAMY. But I have no job so I just can't because I'm scared I will be left with no money to buy food in 3 weeks! I'm so annoyed.

But yeah, meeting Kristy yesterday was really lovely!

Edit: Juli, we went on a long walk. Oxford St->Bond St->Green Park->Buckingham Palace->Trafalgar Square->Westminster! And we had a lunch by the river :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 18 Feb, 2011 10:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Crisis day. I hate the banks here ( I don't understand why 4 different documents and an internet bank statements with my address on them are not the proof of address whereas the lame 1-page bank statement sent by the post which I need to get from Poland is?! It makes no sense).

I also got the dreamy room-to-rent offer in a very attractive price. I mean, DREAMY. But I have no job so I just can't because I'm scared I will be left with no money to buy food in 3 weeks! I'm so annoyed.

But yeah, meeting Kristy yesterday was really lovely!

Edit: Juli, we went on a long walk. Oxford St->Bond St->Green Park->Buckingham Palace->Trafalgar Square->Westminster! And we had a lunch by the river :)

They wouldnt accept my National Insurance Number paper work at the bank today either, Megg! Ugh. they said my ONLY option is to be added to a utility bill. So i asked the people that Im staying with (which I really didnt want to do) but all their bills are online! They are going to ask at their bank if there is anyway around it. And I have the number for a Royal Bank of Canada office in London that Im going to try calling.
Also, I JUST realized that my first interview is Wednesday and not friday as I have worked into my head. So glad I realized NOW!

Meggy, where is the dreamy room?

also, Ric, I am NOT from Hamilton

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 19 Feb, 2011 12:03 AM Quote
It's so nice how everyone is meeting each other.

The Ford dealership called and they said they are going to REPAIR the van. Seriously? I don't even want it anymore, knowing all the things that are wrong with it. I don't see how they can make it safe. I just got the recall notice in the mail this morning. They used a lot of fancy language to say your car is a rusty piece of junk and soon you won't be able to steer it, or perhaps it will just fall apart altogether. Best of all, the parts to fix it won't be available for an entire MONTH! Oh, joy! They said they will supply us with a rental vehicle. We will see if that is true.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 19 Feb, 2011 12:37 AM Quote
http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/1970s-custom-van-couple.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:05 PM Quote
My very close friend Olga's best friend died yesterday. The girl was only 25 and I was really looking forward to meeting her at Olga's wedding in April. One month ago my good friend lost her boyfriend of 8 years at the age of 25. WTF is happening?!

This is so tragic. I can't stop thinking how we usually don't appreciate the simple fact of being alive...

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:18 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
My very close friend Olga's best friend died yesterday. The girl was only 25 and I was really looking forward to meeting her at Olga's wedding in April. One month ago my good friend lost her boyfriend of 8 years at the age of 25. WTF is happening?!

This is so tragic. I can't stop thinking how we usually don't appreciate the simple fact of being alive...

Terrible news Megg, sorry to hear it. It really goes to show that lifes too short and shouldn't be taken for granted

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Feb, 2011 7:46 PM Quote
Sorry, Meg. It really is a wake-up call when you hear about people your own age dying.

Pages Previous 1...74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:15 AM