Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
mili Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 9:36 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Why is it on my Mac, I get a red line under words I've misspelled on the board, but on my PC laptop I don't?

Settings, auto spelling check cross on/off somewhere.

mili
mili Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:55 AM Quote
My mac just had a kernel panic, and I lost a bit of work I'd done + time in trying to get it sorted again. Frustrating!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 2:02 PM Quote
well, Im moving to London!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 2:22 PM Quote
Yes you are, You're gonna be fine, You'll have a ball.

Just in case you need it Canadian Embassy in London (although because it's part of the Commonwealth it's actually the High Commission and not Embassy)

Dubz

btw I wonder how Megg's plans are going ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 2:44 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Just in case you need it Canadian Embassy in London (although because it's part of the Commonwealth it's actually the High Commission and not Embassy)

Dubz

thanks, i kept meaning to look it up! i should register with the high commission when I get there.

as of last night megg was trying to pack and was freaking out! I should be seeing her sometime this week, so we shall both report back.
I wish I could just beam myself there and avoid the plane. I dont mind flying, but the hassle of it all is getting old already.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 2:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

thanks, i kept meaning to look it up! i should register with the high commission when I get there.

as of last night megg was trying to pack and was freaking out! I should be seeing her sometime this week, so we shall both report back.
I wish I could just beam myself there and avoid the plane. I dont mind flying, but the hassle of it all is getting old already.

I know what you mean, I hate air travel, Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I can fly from Dublin to Glasgow in 30minutes, I just hate all the fuss with check-ins, passports, luggage, etc. Add that to the fact that I'm not a good "flyer".

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 2:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I know what you mean, I hate air travel, Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I can fly from Dublin to Glasgow in 30minutes, I just hate all the fuss with check-ins, passports, luggage, etc. Add that to the fact that I'm not a good "flyer".

Dubz

I like the actual in plane part, but the getting there hours early, checking in, overweight baggage, security, more waiting. Then on the other end getting to where I am staying with all my luggage will not be fun. BUT it will be all over in...im not exactly sure how many hours with the time difference. lets say 20ish.
Hoping for nice young men at tube/train stations will to help to pathetic girls with my luggage.

mili
mili Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 6:06 PM Quote
Soooo excited for Kristy and Meggs, hope you two find London fantastic and welcoming.

I've been there few times, first on a language course (1 day), and later on my own for a holiday, when I met my now-husband (for about 15 mins on my last night), and a handful of visits later to see him when he still lived there. I miss the city, haven't been there since mid-90's, as my brother-in-law moved to US and we had kids – no legitimate reason to go there :^(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 6:40 PM Quote
Kristy bails on this continent , I blame Bush ( in his avatar form of Stephen Harper )

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 13 Feb, 2011 11:14 PM Quote
Had an afternoon date, dollar show and ice cream after. Kids got to spend some time with the grandparents. Gonna put a load of laundry in the washer and do my workout.

There should be better Sunday evening TV.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 4:46 AM Quote
I steal toilet paper, bin bags and washing up liquid from work.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 10:15 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
I steal toilet paper, bin bags and washing up liquid from work.

Don't think of it as theft, think of it as "Liberating from the hands of the evil oppressors"

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 4:51 PM Quote
Have Kristy and Megg hit the UK yet? Has it appeared on BBC news yet? I'd love to follow a dream and travel to the other side of the world. Lucky girls.

Absy
Absy Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 5:05 PM Quote
Spent the whole day running errands, taking the underground, the bus and walking.
I deserve a good hot bath me thinks.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 5:19 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Have Kristy and Megg hit the UK yet? Has it appeared on BBC news yet? I'd love to follow a dream and travel to the other side of the world. Lucky girls.

Kristy has posted on FB talking about the Underground and Jet Lag so she's arrived, think Megg leaves today/tomorrow.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 Next All Times UTC Current Time 10:35 PM