Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Fri 28 Jan, 2011 5:52 PM Quote
I've won the Nigerian lottery (again)

Having nothing to do the other day i decided it might be a laugh to try some of them "legal highs".

Druids Fantasy
Take a trip to a mystical and psychedelic land, with this, the ultimate legal and natural psychedelic. Druids Fantasy contains a natural source of D-lysergic acid amide, together with intoxicating herbal extracts, for a truly visionary experience.

It wasn't brilliant but it made cash in the attic and bargain hunt entertaining

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:14 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
deebee wrote:
I'm fidgety today. I'm supposed to be in London on Monday for Fran's gig at Dingwalls and I'm still waiting for the tickets to arrive. It's not looking good. I think Ticketweb should be prepared for an irate caller if they don't appear by tomorrow.

Hope you receive them tomorrow Debbie. I ticked the 'print yourself' option here. Totally against my will but thought it might be a safer option than regular post which cost 3 euro. And they wanted 12 euro to send registered hmmph.

Thanks Edel. I'm all set now, postie delivered them this morning. For Dingwalls, they didn't give a print them yourselves option just post (UK and abroad) When I order my tix from abroad I normally choose box office collection but then sometimes you lose your place at the front because you have to wait. I agree the postage costs are horrendous!

Anyway, I'm packing my case and wondering what to do in London. I've done all the tourist things and want some ideas for other things to do and see. Any suggestions, anyone?

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:17 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

Having nothing to do the other day i decided it might be a laugh to try some of them "legal highs".

Druids Fantasy
Take a trip to a mystical and psychedelic land, with this, the ultimate legal and natural psychedelic. Druids Fantasy contains a natural source of D-lysergic acid amide, together with intoxicating herbal extracts, for a truly visionary experience.

Sorry Andrew but it'd take more than that to make Bargain Hunt interesting!

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 8:58 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
monkey wrote:

Druids Fantasy

Sorry Andrew but it'd take more than that to make Bargain Hunt interesting!

Yea it is pretty bad. i don't know how anyone can watch it.

I've had that new Rhianna song stuck in my head all day. it's a good tune :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 30 Jan, 2011 5:08 AM Quote
Excesllent !!!

The Happy Hiippy shoaps are banned ower here !!!

either cause they're wiz public upriar or because the druggies were loosing money so a few goat fierbombeded noe there aw banned :)))

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 31 Jan, 2011 10:18 PM Quote
Happy Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, everybody!
Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:25 PM Quote
Not only does my son have strep throat and the H1N1 flu but one of my cats has some weird parasite and now all three cats and the dog have to take medication for the next two weeks.

This day can suck it!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 10:02 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Not only does my son have strep throat and the H1N1 flu but one of my cats has some weird parasite and now all three cats and the dog have to take medication for the next two weeks.

This day can suck it!

I had the H1N1 flu a few weeks back, it can be serious or it can be quite mild, just like any normal flu. I really hope the wee man's got the mild bout. I basically slept for 3 days and then spent another 3 on the couch with a duvet. Kids do tend to fight these things off quicker so hopefully it'll only be for the week. Hope he's well soon !!

As for the pets, now that's just bad timing.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 1:18 PM Quote
I am patiently awaiting what the news is declaring will be one of the top 10 snowstorms of the century. Supposed to strike after midnight tonight. People have already flipped out and have stockpiled food and toilet paper, like they think we're going to be housebound for weeks or something. Depending on what news you watch, they've predicted anything from 8-12" or 12-18". It snows 12" all the time! At least once, sometimes twice a year. I highly doubt this will be Snowmageddon.

Unfortunately, our snowblower quit last week and it in the repair shop. I REALLY hope it is fixed today.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 1:28 PM Quote
Anne, you have 3 cats? I don't remember 3 cats.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 1:48 PM Quote
He's already improved today so I think it'll be OK. I was just worried that he's fighting both a viral and bacterial infection. Plus he has asthma which makes him more susceptible to complications.

Kayte, you don't remember my three cats because you were too busy stealing my wrapping paper.

Or two of them are very shy with guests so a houseful of girls was just too much for them. : )

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 1:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
He's already improved today so I think it'll be OK. I was just worried that he's fighting both a viral and bacterial infection. Plus he has asthma which makes him more susceptible to complications.

That's great news, (that he's better not that he's susceptible). Glad to hear it. Obviously you know, but just keep an eye on it, it really was unpleasant for me. Hope he's back to full strength soon.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 4:09 PM Quote
You just know that if anything were to happen to Andrew, his current profile picture is the one that would be shown on the news.

The snowblower repairman called in sick yesterday. They hope he can get to it today. Yeah. Me too.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 4:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You just know that if anything were to happen to Andrew, his current profile picture is the one that would be shown on the news.

The snowblower repairman called in sick yesterday. They hope he can get to it today. Yeah. Me too.

"He was always such a nice quiet lad", "Always ready to help" the neighbours will say after the media reports he's gone on a "spree".

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 6:49 PM Quote
It may be premature to say this since it is only 1:45 PM, but everything that started out bad today has turned good. Best thing is that the van died, but insurance will cover it and they can tow it tonight and since there will be a snow day tomorrow, I don't have to go anywhere.

Pages Previous 1...62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:54 AM