Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 1:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
One thing at a time, get the weans ready that's most important then prioritise.

Just back from the pub.

Dubz

Well I let them sleep another hour since they don't need to be ready until 6:55 so I got a bit done. I am now blaring music to convince myself it's later and therefore I can be productive. I can write late at night but man, early morning writing is another beast.

While I obviously understand there is a time difference it's amusing to me that you just got home from the pub whereas I just ate eggs and toast and still have sleep gook in my eyes.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 2:11 PM Quote
Thankfully I just got an email saying they don't need my stuff until this afternoon. I am still glad I got up early though because this one is a tough nut to crack.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 4:12 PM Quote
I just got into an arguement with Billy Bragg about Student Protests...

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
Our regular instructor was sick today and the head of the department filled in for her. He is, um, tough. He actually said, "I don't mind if you throw up as long as you get back on the treadmill and keep going. There is a trash can over there."

For the record, no one did throw up, but he just wanted to put that out there.

Today was a 30 minute workout but he is filling in again Friday and that is an hour workout. I am pretty sure it will be the last day of my life.

He is still oddly likable.

mili
mili Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 5:12 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Coolness.
Which side were you on?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fCQ-Dctm8

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 5:22 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Coolness.
Which side were you on?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fCQ-Dctm8

Brilliant Mili, thank you..

Probably on the same Side as Billy, just differ in methods. Although I may not have articulated them very well as I'm pretty pissed at the moment.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 5:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm at that point in my cold where I can't smell or taste anything.

Anne, you can do it. You are woman!

Lionize. Ha ha!

Looks like I'm joining you in the cold zone Kayte. Basically both kids have had some kind of bug since New Year and I'm seriously getting hacked off about it. Perfect timing too since hubby and I are supposed to be having a well deserved weekend break this weekend. Great it'll be just the two of us and the box of tissues. - three's a crowd???

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 12:24 AM Quote
Howard Marks was giving a talk in my university today. I didn't get a ticket to see him, but afterwards he ended up coming in and sitting at the table right next to where we were in the college bar. People kept coming over and putting drinks on his table, haha.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 1:07 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Howard Marks was giving a talk in my university today. I didn't get a ticket to see him, but afterwards he ended up coming in and sitting at the table right next to where we were in the college bar. People kept coming over and putting drinks on his table, haha.

I had no idea who that is, and thought maybe it was the Howard from Take That :) I learned it isnt.

I spent today reading about National Insurance Numbers and bank accounts. Good times.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 4:21 AM Quote
Oh, UK banking question. Is there a certain number of digits that my bank/debit/credit card pin numbers needs to be to work? I remember having to change them to 4 digits before I went last time (i think, maybe 5?) but has that changed?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 5:03 AM Quote
I was so cold today that after I had lunch at a restaurant, I got in the car, looked in the rear view mirror and my lips were a bluish purplish color. I looked like a corpse. It was so weird considering that the weather was pretty nice out today around 55 degrees. I went home, put a thick pair of socks on, put on a hooded sweatshirt and got under my blanket. I finally warmed up a bit. Strange.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:14 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Oh, UK banking question. Is there a certain number of digits that my bank/debit/credit card pin numbers needs to be to work? I remember having to change them to 4 digits before I went last time (i think, maybe 5?) but has that changed?

My UK bankcard has a 4 digit pin number and I used it the other day so I assume it hasn't changed recently.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:26 AM Quote
Most bank cards use a 4 digit pin, Which you can change to suit yourself. Which is handy all my pins are the same set of digits (bank card, mobile, etc.) Means I only have to remember one pin, If I'm issued with a pin for anything the first thing I do is change it to match the rest of them.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:31 AM Quote
Some people set their pin to their year of birth or the first/last 4 digits of a memorable phone number, Personally I wouldn't, it's too easy to guess. I'd recommend you pick an existing pin and change the rest to match it.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:41 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Most bank cards use a 4 digit pin, Which you can change to suit yourself. Which is handy all my pins are the same set of digits (bank card, mobile, etc.) Means I only have to remember one pin, If I'm issued with a pin for anything the first thing I do is change it to match the rest of them.

Dubz

Here you can't choose your pin, so I have to remember one for a cash point card, one for Visa, the door code of our building, pin for the library card (that I chose for myself) etc. Poor brains.

Pages Previous 1...60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 AM