Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 4:45 PM Quote
Wendy, I just wanted to send you some get well vibes for your family - this must be awful for them. My sister in law had a similar problem in July with my niece (she was a 4 week old newborn baby!!!) luckily it wasn't menigitis but the waiting for results was a nightmare for everyone.

Dubz, well done you! Pull out all the stops for the next step - good luck to you!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 4:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thanks for all the Good Luck messages, the vibes must be working...

just got a call to tell me I have an interview on Thursday, just waiting on callback with the time.

Thanks guys you really are the best.

Dubz

Woohoo! That's great news!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 5:14 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Dubz- I am really happy for you! Sending lots of good luck your way.

Megg- I agree with Anne- that is really impressive. Sorry about the seashells though.

Lindsay- feel better!

Wendy- Eeek! How scary! Hope your nephew and niece recover quickly!

Exactly what she said!

Earlier today I was talking to my boss and her secretary about being shy and feeling embarrassed about meeting new people and talking in public, when I suddenly turned around and tripped over a tall dustbin/ashtray that's in the hall, which also fell to the floor making a loud noise (the ashtray part landed several metres away). Soon people's heads were leaning out of every door. Lovely. :oP

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 5:19 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Earlier today I was talking to my boss and her secretary about being shy and feeling embarrassed about meeting new people and talking in public, when I suddenly turned around and tripped over a tall dustbin/ashtray that's in the hall, which also fell to the floor making a loud noise (the ashtray part landed several metres away). Soon people's heads were leaning out of every door. Lovely. :oP

we may infact be the klutziest people on earth!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 5:50 PM Quote
I dropped my favorite salt shaker on Sunday. It was a handmade pottery head. The salt came out of the nose. It was really cool and a great conversation piece. It broke into 3 big pieces and 2483283494 tiny ones.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 6:14 PM Quote
Dubz that is great news.

Wendy, keep us posted. That all sounds pretty scary.

I am starting to think that there is something about Travis music that makes you clumsy. Or something about it attracts clumsy people?

It's actually a miracle that at various boardie meetings we have not caused mass catastrophe.

On a side note my nose just suddenly started bleeding. I think it's the weather. Or maybe I hit it recently and did not even notice since running into things isn't something special in my life.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 6:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

And megg after reading your post, I dropped an egg on the kitchen floor.

Somehow I know we will get along really well.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 6:53 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

On a side note my nose just suddenly started bleeding. I think it's the weather. Or maybe I hit it recently and did not even notice since running into things isn't something special in my life.

I used to get nose bleeds all the time but havent in years and years. Until December when they started again. I decided it is because im ridiculously dehydrated. Im so bad at drinking water. Or anything, really. I generally have a couple cups of coffee/tea a day. Maybe one glass of something cold.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 7:08 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I used to get nose bleeds all the time but havent in years and years. Until December when they started again. I decided it is because im ridiculously dehydrated. Im so bad at drinking water. Or anything, really. I generally have a couple cups of coffee/tea a day. Maybe one glass of something cold.

I've never had a bloody nose! Getting hit in the nose is one of my biggest fears. Also, i would like to add my name to the klutzy/clumsy people list ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 2:27 PM Quote
I finally got around to canceling my myspace account. I just kept forgetting.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 3:50 PM Quote
I've never had nose bleeds either. My sister used to get them quite frequently when we were kids. I don't know why it was.

Anne, I should cancell my Myspace account too, I have not used it in months... maybe in over a year...

The dustbin I tripped over yesterday is now standing in the middle of the hall right in front of my door. I've been told the ceiling's got a leak but I find its location to be very suspicious. :oP

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 7:34 PM Quote
I've been semi-busy all day, preparing for my interview and getting stuck back into my online course, my printer run out of ink yesterday so had to go buy some this morning, btw tip for peeps, Cheap ink cartridges are cheap for a reason, if you want decent prints buy the right stuff, i.e. Epson and not some generic bullshit.

I'm kinda tired but don't want to go to bed too early, I've 4 bottles of beer in the fridge (2 Bud, 2 Heino), I'm very tempted to drink them. Trying to watch some crappy TV but my eyes are hurting, maybe I need to start wearing my glasses.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:22 PM Quote
BUD ? They sell Bud over there ?

Good luck .

scored 3 Travis EP for a buck each at the store

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:33 PM Quote
Yeah they sell it over here but it's muck, it's BUL (Brewed Under License) by Guinness so it's kinda mingin', I think it's BUL in the UK too, but for some reason it tastes better in the UK even though it's slightly stronger 5% as opposed to 4.3% in Ireland. Most pubs have it on draft, in recent years changed to Bud Ice (served at minus 3 degrees or some other bullshit) It's crap, full of chemicals and gives you killer headaches and dodgy stomach the next day.

Back in Scotland I used to drink Michelob if I could get it as it was imported, it was a lovely fresh taste with practically no hangover but it seems to have disappeared from the shops/pubs, there were a couple of variations that popped up now and again. Michelob Extra Dry and Michelob Light I think..

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:49 PM Quote
bud is like cement to me ... this has been my ride latly

http://static.grindtv.com/images/1/00/14/10/09/141009.jpg

Pages Previous 1...49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:47 PM