Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 2:19 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
While you guys in the North are freezing, we, in the South have been experiencing a horrible heat wave, with temperatures between 32º and 37º C. And they say it's going to continue like this at least until Thursday. We're close to beating the highest temperature record in the history of the city for the month of december.
Ahhh... the joys of Christmas. *Sarcasm*

I have a question for you. Up here, our Christmas songs are filled with references to snow and cold and winter wonderland stuff. Do you have hot Christmas songs? I'm dreaming of a green, sweaty Christmas...

Super sunny Christmas

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 3:25 PM Quote
I thought of a couple.
Having a Reggae Christmas down in Jamaica and there's also that one about a Hawaiian Christmas Mele Kalikimaka

And they mention orange and palm trees in the intro to White Christmas, right?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 7:02 PM Quote

There is this which is originally a Jamican label but I think it's just mostly cover versions...

Like This

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qxOIXIY1rbY/TP-iwSyIXSI/AAAAAAAAA54/xmMwwFGVcoA/s1600/Trojan%2BChristmas%2BBox%2BSet%2B%25283cd-limited_edition-2003-front%2529.jpg

I will pick it up one of these days.

Dubz

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 7:08 AM Quote
had my 2nd molar extracted then fainted right after

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 8:58 AM Quote
I'm sick, (man-flu), It's doing my fucking head in, I've just spent 20mins in a coughing fit and now my chest and stomach muscles are agony, I can't even sleep for coughing. I've taken Lemsips, drank plenty fluids, had chicken soup. Nothing is fucking working. Happy New fucking Year.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 2:35 PM Quote
I'm guessing you've seen this before but just in case

Feel better

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 3:37 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Feel better

What does the paramedic say at 1:18, just after he mocks her? Sounds like, "Have you not heard a lamb sip?" I can never figure out what he says.

Also, I think the woman looks like a Wallace & Gromit character.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 31 Dec, 2010 9:58 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Feel better

What does the paramedic say at 1:18, just after he mocks her? Sounds like, "Have you not heard a lamb sip?" I can never figure out what he says.

Also, I think the woman looks like a Wallace & Gromit character.

It's Lemsip, a lemon powder with various shit in it that you add hot water to.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1x-zlxBSG1I/TMx6PByXeOI/AAAAAAAAABw/6kQ4u3L5BWM/s320/lemsip.jpg

I was close to actually going to the hospital last night, kept slipping in and out of reality, have practically been in bed since Tuesday night although last night was the worst I feel a bit better this morning. At least for now I'm up and about.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 31 Dec, 2010 2:15 PM Quote
I'm going back to bed.

Have a nice Hogmanay and New Year folks.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 31 Dec, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
take care dude

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 31 Dec, 2010 3:28 PM Quote
Ah, Lemsip, thanks. I think our Lemsip is called Thera-flu. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you may need a trip to the vet if things don't improve in the next 24 hours.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 10:46 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ah, Lemsip, thanks. I think our Lemsip is called Thera-flu. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you may need a trip to the vet if things don't improve in the next 24 hours.

Luckily I'm feeling a bit better again this morning, which I suppose is good news means I don't need to visit the vet downstairs to be put to sleep.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 4:32 PM Quote
Looks like I may have to visit the vet after all... I have the H1N1 Virus otherwise known as Swine Flu !!

Although not sure I trust the diagnosis, it was one of those doctors who works out of a pharmacy. Although he did say there's a fair bit of it around at the moment, gave me a couple of pills and told me to come back Monday if there is no improvement, He says I'm probably over the worst of it. No fucking shit Sherlock !! Oh and it cost me €60 which I don't have.

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 8:29 PM Quote
Aw Dubz that's terrible! I've heard that there's been a good few cases of it around lately. Hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel I was dying with Glandular fever this time two weeks ago, still feel pretty weak from it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 8:55 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Aw Dubz that's terrible! I've heard that there's been a good few cases of it around lately. Hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel I was dying with Glandular fever this time two weeks ago, still feel pretty weak from it.

Thanks Fen, I'm fine, tired, mild headache, slight cough and tight stomach muscles from the cough but deffo over the worst should be back to a boozing obnoxious gobdaw shortly.

Luckily I've never had Glandular fever but I know a few folks who have done and seemingly it does take a while to fully recover. It doesn't sound pleasant at all. This weather probably isn't helping, I'm sure you'll be back full strength in no time.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:47 AM