Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 12:51 PM Quote
It's wet cauld and miserable ootside, I wanna go running but I can't.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 2:10 PM Quote
I didn't go outside at all yesterday. They tell me it was very cold. It was nice inside. I want summer back.
It appears to be arranged that we are having a cousin sleeping over here tonight. I'm dreading it already.

I like having everyone home. I'm glad we have one more day off together tomorrow.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 5:31 PM Quote
I have a cold :( I don't feel so great, and I just spent over an hour talking to my best friend on the phone, she just got dumped for the first time.

Think I'm gonna bake some sort of cake since there's no ice-cream in the house!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 1:10 PM Quote
Two weeks off the booze...

Fuck all has changed, I'm off down the pub.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 2:08 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

What?? What changes did you expect in two weeks?
If you are going to do it, please don't overdo it.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 3:24 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
got a phone interview tomorrow, and I think I'm going to faint when the phone rings. I hate not being able to see my interviewer... it makes me incredibly nervous, which is really incredibly stupid, because the job description sounds just perfect! oh well.

I would have thought that these would be easier than a "face to face" At least the interviewer can't see you go tomato red and squirm in your seat when faced with tricky questions. Good luck anyway :)

hm I guess you were right after all. At least I could have a look at my notes during the actual interview!
tomorrow's the second interview, this time at their offices. and while I'm VERY happy that they want to meet me after the only slightly desastrous phone interview, I'm also positively terrified - because they're going to test my excel-skills. which I haven't practised in months. Now the stupid thing is, I was advised to write "microsoft office: very good" on my CV, so I'm going to have to explain why I can't remember formulas etc... friends who can't even compose a serial letter wrote "MS office: good" on their CV so I kinda had to write "very good"... this is so stupid. and unnecessary...

I know I won't get the job (because they're apparently looking for an excel-pro) but I just hope it won't be too embarrassing... *sigh*

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I expect someone to notice the fucking huge effort I'm making.

I expect "my best friend" to answer the fucking phone.

I expect it to make a fucking difference when I don't drink, as it sure as fuck makes a difference when I am drinking.

Didn't overdo it, just went for a few pints and I'm actually quite chilled for the first time in two weeks.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 4:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I expect it to make a fucking difference when I don't drink, as it sure as fuck makes a difference when I am drinking.

Didn't overdo it, just went for a few pints and I'm actually quite chilled for the first time in two weeks.

Dubz

if your drinking, or actions while drinking, hurt someone, it is going to take more than 2 weeks. trust is hard, especially when you've been hurt. But if you keep making an effort, it will make a difference.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 4:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Dubz

if your drinking, or actions while drinking, hurt someone, it is going to take more than 2 weeks. trust is hard, especially when you've been hurt. But if you keep making an effort, it will make a difference.

Whether I am drinking or whether I am not drinking I always take others feelings into account. Unfortunately one doesn't ever think about the drunk's feelings, because what the fuck does he/she know, they are pissed anyway it won't matter to them in the morning...

...will it ??

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 4:34 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
deebee wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
got a phone interview tomorrow, and I think I'm going to faint when the phone rings. I hate not being able to see my interviewer... it makes me incredibly nervous, which is really incredibly stupid, because the job description sounds just perfect! oh well.

I would have thought that these would be easier than a "face to face" At least the interviewer can't see you go tomato red and squirm in your seat when faced with tricky questions. Good luck anyway :)

hm I guess you were right after all. At least I could have a look at my notes during the actual interview!
tomorrow's the second interview, this time at their offices. and while I'm VERY happy that they want to meet me after the only slightly desastrous phone interview, I'm also positively terrified - because they're going to test my excel-skills. which I haven't practised in months. Now the stupid thing is, I was advised to write "microsoft office: very good" on my CV, so I'm going to have to explain why I can't remember formulas etc... friends who can't even compose a serial letter wrote "MS office: good" on their CV so I kinda had to write "very good"... this is so stupid. and unnecessary...

I know I won't get the job (because they're apparently looking for an excel-pro) but I just hope it won't be too embarrassing... *sigh*

Hey, you got to the second stage which means you've got something they're interested in. Try not to get too stressed about it (easier said than done) and personally I'd be honest with them. So many people now over-exagerate their "qualities" on CVs, interviewers must know this surely. If they don't want to take you on, Lilly then it's not the job for you. Fingers crossed.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 5:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I was thinking this and should have said it. There is a difference in you. Go back and read a bunch of your posts. The ones before and the ones recently. Big difference. A nice difference.

Maybe your friendships will change. And maybe that's a good thing. Or maybe they won't and people need time to adjust to you being different or are taking a "wait and see" approach.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we did see a positive change in you. I know you have a lot going on in your life right now and you're bound to have some weak moments now and then, but don't give up the fight just because you drank a few today. You're doing a good thing for yourself.

mili
mili Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 7:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
It's wet cauld and miserable ootside, I wanna go running but I can't.

Dubz

Oi, I've seen runners in sleet and -3 °C! Today it was below -10 °C and I saw no runners, but skaters. It's a question of equipment and attitude.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 2:26 PM Quote
My back is killing me as my arsehole mates crashed at my gaff last night while I slept on the couch. And to make matters worse they are back this evening.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 7:48 PM Quote
Dubz, in the nicest friendliest way, kick 'em out!! If they're really your mates they'll come back again another day.

Well, it's snowed so much today and there's loads more predicted tomorrow that I may end up with a day off work, woohooooo !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:19 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Dubz, in the nicest friendliest way, kick 'em out!! If they're really your mates they'll come back again another day.

Well, it's snowed so much today and there's loads more predicted tomorrow that I may end up with a day off work, woohooooo !

Can't really, It's severe weather here at the moment and they have no electricity or water in their house, They also put me up in their spare room for about a month earlier in the year when I was "between" houses. So I can't reall kick 'em out. They have just left but I'm expecting them back this evening for dinner and probably staying the night again.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:08 PM