Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 21 Nov, 2010 11:15 AM Quote
Just been for a run and nearly killed myself, my heart is beating so loudly it's not funny. But by the end of this week I should manage it no problem. fingers crossed.

I've been sober all week and want to celebrate, how do you celebrate without alcohol, my first thought was to go for a pint ironically, I may just sit around and watch sh!tty Sunday tv, Columbo etc.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 21 Nov, 2010 8:18 PM Quote
Congrats on getting this far Dubz. I think the running is a great way to keep you busy and help keep you away from the pub. You need to find other treats now, trips to the cinema, nice restaurants (with no alcohol)maybe a gig or two - stuff like that. Anyway, I take my hat off to you for having the gutts to give this a go. Good luck.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Nov, 2010 3:17 AM Quote
Good for you!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 22 Nov, 2010 6:12 AM Quote
Good job, dude!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 22 Nov, 2010 1:00 PM Quote
Well done Dubz, its difficult of course but it sounds like you're doing good.

I need some hot chocolate. And a hug.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 22 Nov, 2010 7:25 PM Quote
Thanks guys.

Sending a hug for Fen.

Today I went for a walk into town, twice. Second time I went in to buy a printer, absolutely useless, I need a colour one to print out all my course materials. Why do they all do different things, pages per minute, wireless, 1 cartridge or 2 or even 4. Also if I spend money on a fucking printer I want a fucking lead with it !! (DVD players are the same these days you have to buy a scart). I've tried to shave it down to 2 or 3 but everytime I do another pops up.

There is a couple of not bad HP ones but I'm not buying anything by Hewlett Packard ever again the fucker flood your computer with auto updaters, programs about other products, programs about buying ink cartridges. When I bought this laptop it was HP and had no less than 3 seperate fucking DVD players on it.

Mind you I did also run into someone and get a bit of business out of the way.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Nov, 2010 9:51 PM Quote
In the end, it doesn't matter which one you choose. All printers are evil.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 2:59 AM Quote
Keep it up, Dubz!

I just submitted the first portion of my UK Visa application! AHH! Appointment on Friday to submit secondary info, and I should have an answer next week sometime. Crazy.
I was watching Love Actually on the weekend and grinning whenever they showed London.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 7:11 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I just submitted the first portion of my UK Visa application! AHH! Appointment on Friday to submit secondary info, and I should have an answer next week sometime. Crazy.
I was watching Love Actually on the weekend and grinning whenever they showed London.

Nevermind London, it's full of tossers, except Grinner (if you can find her), come to Dublin it's much better (although the way things are going there may not be much left of it soon)

Only messin' , Great News !!

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 8:58 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
In the end, it doesn't matter which one you choose. All printers are evil.

True. But it's best to get one that has separate inks cartridges, so you don't have to chuck half used ink when one colour finishes.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 5:09 PM Quote
got a phone interview tomorrow, and I think I'm going to faint when the phone rings. I hate not being able to see my interviewer... it makes me incredibly nervous, which is really incredibly stupid, because the job description sounds just perfect! oh well.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 5:44 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
got a phone interview tomorrow, and I think I'm going to faint when the phone rings. I hate not being able to see my interviewer... it makes me incredibly nervous, which is really incredibly stupid, because the job description sounds just perfect! oh well.

Weirdmom Anne has done phone interviews. Maybe she can give you some tips.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 6:35 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

I would have thought that these would be easier than a "face to face" At least the interviewer can't see you go tomato red and squirm in your seat when faced with tricky questions. Good luck anyway :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 7:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sending a hug for Fen.

Dubz

Thank you, very much so appreciated. Still haven't gotton around to buying myself a hot chocolate!

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Nov, 2010 10:05 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

Best of luck! I know you'll do great :^)

Pages Previous 1...33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:57 PM