Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 2:16 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I have mentally begun composing a children's book. I will start writing soon so I don't forget. It is nothing like what I always thought I would write. My goal is to have to done by my birthday (March).

Glad to hear it !!!

I've always thought you could do this, Best of Luck...

... and hang in there.

Dubz

Thanks! I guess what I need to do first before I knock myself out on this is do a little research to make sure there aren't already 138294823874 other books out there just like it. That would be a bummer.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 2:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I have mentally begun composing a children's book. I will start writing soon so I don't forget. It is nothing like what I always thought I would write. My goal is to have to done by my birthday (March).

Glad to hear it !!!

I've always thought you could do this, Best of Luck...

... and hang in there.

Dubz

Thanks! I guess what I need to do first before I knock myself out on this is do a little research to make sure there aren't already 138294823874 other books out there just like it. That would be a bummer.

even if there are 138294823874 other books out there, I'd still buy yours, all you need to do is make yours is more betterer. :-)

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 3:49 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

even if there are 138294823874 other books out there, I'd still buy yours, all you need to do is make yours is more betterer. :-)

Dubz

If it gets published, I'll send you a free copy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 4:06 PM Quote
woot! go Kayte!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 8:43 PM Quote
My head is bursting, my mate and his pain in the arse Canadian Doris decided it would be great to turn up at my flat uninvited & drunk from being in the pub all day at 5:00pm, demand food, smoke while I cooked and ate, tease me about not drinking, eat me out of house and home and then fuck off.

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 11:21 PM Quote
We're supposed to have a chance of snow this weekend. I'm very excited since we didn't have any last year.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:12 AM Quote
I think I'm going mental, after those clowns eventually fucked off last night. I took a can of beer from the fridge, stared at it for two hours before putting it back in the fridge.

Been for a run this morning, and done a module on my course, gonna have some breakfast and then I have no idea what to do.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:21 PM Quote
nothing.
no interviews.
just "we're sorry to inform you" letters and emails.
I'm now starting to get seriously worried. I got a job at a bookstore (Mili, Hugendubel! ;D) in December, but in my head there's a big red "?" hovering above "2011"... Everyone says the German economy is doing so much better now, but nothing's happening on the job market.
(a publishing company is offering 500 euro per month for a traineeship. if you deduct taxes and stuff, that makes about 350 euro. 350 euro for a FULL TIME job! and you have to have a university degree. They should be sued, really...)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I think I'm going mental, after those clowns eventually fucked off last night. I took a can of beer from the fridge, stared at it for two hours before putting it back in the fridge.

Been for a run this morning, and done a module on my course, gonna have some breakfast and then I have no idea what to do.

Dubz

good job, dubz. i think you are doing really well!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 1:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Stay strong. Get a good book. Have a couple good movies on hand. Do you do anything artistic (music, writing, drawing...origami, cooking, whatever)? Keep occupied.

It is difficult for someone who has never had an addiction to understand it. I realized that when my dad tried and tried and tried to quit smoking. I couldn't figure out why he kept going back to the cigarettes when even he admitted that he could breathe so much better and taste and smell food better and everything when he wasn't smoking. If it's better without them, why smoke again? But it seemed like if he got stressed about something or he spent time with his smoking friends, he'd start smoking again. Once even after more than 6 months. Somehow it just seemed like there was a craving that never went away. I don't know if it is exactly the same with alcohol or not. I'm just guessing it kinda comes from the same place.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 6:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Stay strong. Get a good book. Have a couple good movies on hand. Do you do anything artistic (music, writing, drawing...origami, cooking, whatever)? Keep occupied.

It is difficult for someone who has never had an addiction to understand it. I realized that when my dad tried and tried and tried to quit smoking. I couldn't figure out why he kept going back to the cigarettes when even he admitted that he could breathe so much better and taste and smell food better and everything when he wasn't smoking. If it's better without them, why smoke again? But it seemed like if he got stressed about something or he spent time with his smoking friends, he'd start smoking again. Once even after more than 6 months. Somehow it just seemed like there was a craving that never went away. I don't know if it is exactly the same with alcohol or not. I'm just guessing it kinda comes from the same place.

I'm with Kayte. Good luck, Dubz!

I'm having a boring day. I can't wait to get out of this office and go to the movies!! I love you, long weekend!
On a lower note, why is it that the only men that find me attractive are creepy and over 40? :o/ *Spinster for life*

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 8:38 PM Quote
Think you're doing great Dubz, you have my support anyway.

Everyone around me seems to be self-destructing. And it's kinda rubbing off on me, not had a great day. Going to HP7 later on though, hopefully that will brighten things up a bit.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 8:39 PM Quote
Woops, double post.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

If it gets published, I'll send you a free copy.

Ye will in yer hoop young lady !!

Forego your royalties, I'll pay for it, if you really want to you could sign it for me tho'. It would be great to own a signed first edition.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:07 PM Quote
It really is weird being sober on a Friday night.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:14 AM