Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 26 Oct, 2010 11:26 AM Quote
My laptop still isn't working. It's fucking brutal being stuck without interweb. I can't search for jobs or fuck all. Argh!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 26 Oct, 2010 1:20 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
My laptop still isn't working. It's fucking brutal being stuck without interweb. I can't search for jobs or fuck all. Argh!

Is there a library nearby where they have computers?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 7:07 PM Quote

Néstor Kirchner, the former president of Argentina (2003-2007) died this morning. He was also the Secretary General of the Union of South American Nations, and was considered a possible candidate for president next year.
It's a gigantic loss for Argentina and South America. He and Cristina (his wife, our president since 2007) have been the best government Argentina has had since the return of democracy in 1983. This is so tragic.
Of course, members of the higher classes, the right wing and the leftovers of the dictatorship are celebrating today (like the scum I have as a neighbour, who said he'd throw a party). The only way they could ever dream of defeating Kirchner is with his death, as they don't have the guts he had.
The Argentinian people is in mourning.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 29 Oct, 2010 10:52 AM Quote
I'm bored so I'm going exploring. I'm gonna walk into the city centre and then jump on a train to somewhere and go for a walk, might even squeeze in a pint somewhere I've never been before.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 29 Oct, 2010 3:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm bored so I'm going exploring. I'm gonna walk into the city centre and then jump on a train to somewhere and go for a walk, might even squeeze in a pint somewhere I've never been before.

That sounds like a good day to me! I wish I could do that, but everything's pretty boring where I live.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 29 Oct, 2010 6:00 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Néstor Kirchner, the former president of Argentina (2003-2007) died this morning. He was also the Secretary General of the Union of South American Nations, and was considered a possible candidate for president next year.
It's a gigantic loss for Argentina and South America. He and Cristina (his wife, our president since 2007) have been the best government Argentina has had since the return of democracy in 1983. This is so tragic.
Of course, members of the higher classes, the right wing and the leftovers of the dictatorship are celebrating today (like the scum I have as a neighbour, who said he'd throw a party). The only way they could ever dream of defeating Kirchner is with his death, as they don't have the guts he had.
The Argentinian people is in mourning.

Did he die of natural causes or is there the possibility of foul play?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 29 Oct, 2010 7:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Did he die of natural causes or is there the possibility of foul play?

No, it was natural causes: he had a heart attack. Sudden death. He was 60 years old. Thousands of people gathered at the Casa Rosada to say goodbye, and thousands followed the funeral procession. It was very shocking. Lots of young people. I can't help crying whenever I walk by Plaza de Mayo. You see people crying, saying things like "thanks to Kirchner I got my first retirement pension", or "if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have anything to eat", or "I wouldn't have a job". There was a sign that said "I'm an engineer, in 2002 I was driving a taxi, now I've got my own SME".
54% of the population was below poverty line when he was elected president. Now it's around 15%... An article that sums up what Kirchner meant to Argentina.
The right wing is already saying that it's likely that Cristina Kirchner won't finish her term. Gloating vultures! If anything, these past three days have shown that the people supports the government, so damn them and their miserable hopes.
I'm still very moved and shoked by this event. So, so sad.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Oct, 2010 12:14 AM Quote
My laptop is fixed, and it has been souped-up (pimped-up for you yanks). I'll get it back on Wednesday, complete with full new running system.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 30 Oct, 2010 4:18 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
My laptop is fixed, and it has been souped-up (pimped-up for you yanks). I'll get it back on Wednesday, complete with full new running system.

People say souped up here but here at least it's pimped out.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 30 Oct, 2010 1:42 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

People say souped up here but here at least it's pimped out.

We use both souped up or pimped out here , in GIANTS country .

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 30 Oct, 2010 7:45 PM Quote
I either just did something good and life-changing or very immature and stupid. Neverthless, I'm excited.

mili
mili Posted Sat 30 Oct, 2010 9:56 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I either just did something good and life-changing or very immature and stupid. Neverthless, I'm excited.

I really hope it was life-changing and good. What was it????

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 31 Oct, 2010 2:05 AM Quote
Just finished carving our pumpkins. I roasted pumpkin seeds, yummy! Rachel just lost another tooth.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 31 Oct, 2010 3:38 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I hope you have some cookies.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 31 Oct, 2010 5:45 AM Quote
I'm going fucking mental. There is a pub downstairs from me that had a band on last night. I went to bed about 10 but was constantly woken by either the band or the drunk lassies singing fucking "Angels" while out smoking until about 2:30. So I finally get to sleep to be woken at 6am by one of my fucking neighbours playing Wheatus and I kid you fucking not "Don't Stop fucking Believing". Then I realise it's not actually 6 but 5 as the clocks changed last night. Seriously I'm fit to kill someone.

Dubz

eta: I can't even crash later today as I live on a main road in a busy area of town.

Pages Previous 1...27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:03 PM