Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
dee
dee Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 8:21 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i got the job. had to re-interview for a new position within the school.

i resigned my newly appointed position to take up a different job. it's in the school that broke my heart when i had to leave it last year due to insufficient student numbers. they rang me to tell me to apply to them again this year and huzzah!
life has a plan!

Absy
Absy Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 8:34 PM Quote
dee wrote:
dee wrote:

i resigned my newly appointed position to take up a different job. it's in the school that broke my heart when i had to leave it last year due to insufficient student numbers. they rang me to tell me to apply to them again this year and huzzah!
life has a plan!

Well done Dee.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 10:09 PM Quote
dee wrote:
dee wrote:

life has a plan!

Hurray for Dee!! I can't remember, do you teach a specific grade or subject matter?

dee
dee Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 11:17 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
dee wrote:
dee wrote:

life has a plan!

Hurray for Dee!! I can't remember, do you teach a specific grade or subject matter?

i am an elementary teacher so i teach everything! i will have kids who are nine/ten years old this year

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 1:00 AM Quote
My daughter told me she wished she was the boss of me after I made her go outside and play with the dog and she hopes I never make her do that again.

Then at dinner I told her to her try a bite of zucchini. She said, "this tastes like nothing but gross."

Great.

Is it bedtime yet?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 1:06 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
My daughter told me she wished she was the boss of me after I made her go outside and play with the dog and she hopes I never make her do that again.

Then at dinner I told her to her try a bite of zucchini. She said, "this tastes like nothing but gross."

Great.

Is it bedtime yet?

Poor Anne! She's got some attitude. Haha. Is playing with the dog some kind of punishment for her? Lol.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 1:26 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Is playing with the dog some kind of punishment for her? Lol.

This is the dog she begged and pleaded for!!

Aidan was being a toot too. I gave them a talking to and told them if they thought their life was hard now I would be happy to make it harder to help them appreciate what they had.

I feel like the biggest parenting stereotype right now.

But it seemed to put some fear in them. They asked what I would do and when I said chores all day that seemed to sort out some attitudes.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 12:37 PM Quote
I've become an auntie again. Another little girl :-)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 6:10 PM Quote
Today it hit me (after what, a year?) that Madonna is dating Jesus. I saw the headline "Madonna Kisses Jesus at a Jay-Z Gig" and giggled.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 6:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Today it hit me (after what, a year?) that Madonna is dating Jesus. I saw the headline "Madonna Kisses Jesus at a Jay-Z Gig" and giggled.

This is one of the many reasons that I love Megg so very very much.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 6:37 PM Quote

Anne, this is very typical in kids. When we first got our dog (Dickens, the weimaraner), it was a gift to my little brother, and at first he didn't want to do anything, take him out, feed him... anything! It took some time for him, but then he started enjoying Dickens. :oP

Congratulations Debbie! Nieces are the best thing ever. :o)

Lol @ Megg. xD

I decided not to bring my umbrella today. I've been carrying it since last Wednesday. They've been saying it was going to rain ever since. All we had was a shower yesterday that lasted no more than 7 minutes. I haven't used my umbrella at all. Maybe now that I don't have it on me we can get a decent downpour. I don't mind getting wet if it actually rains once and for all. I need rainnnnn!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 9:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Because I'm slow and random? :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 9:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Because I'm slow and random? :)

no, ADORABLE!
I think about 3 times Ive said to Anne "I love Megg! She is the most lovely person on earth. I wish we were real life friends."

True fact. And now you are scared of me.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 9:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

no, ADORABLE!
I think about 3 times Ive said to Anne "I love Megg! She is the most lovely person on earth. I wish we were real life friends."

Awww. Nah, I'm not scared of you. In fact I can easily picture us shopping together in Topshop talking about Chris Keller and giggling.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 9:46 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

no, ADORABLE!

Awww. Nah, I'm not scared of you. In fact I can easily picture us shopping together in Topshop talking about Chris Keller and giggling.

:) And talking about Anne of Green Gables. WHICH IS IN A WEEK TODAY!

Pages Previous 1...16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:27 AM