Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 7:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:
THis all comes down to what Roo did. While your actions and apologizing are commendable, if you are in the 8th rhelm of douchebaggery, there may be no going back.

Which is kinda my point, if there is no going back. Fuck It, why worry about something you can't fix, or something that is beyond your control.

Dubz

Because sometimes it is worth the extra effort to try to make things right, even if it is just for your own sake.

I would have thought apologizing should be enough, however he already made an extra effort by apologizing "with flowers", unfortunately for some women, whatever you do, it is never enough. If she is that upset why is she still hanging around living rent free.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 7:55 PM Quote
I'm officially done arguing about something when we don't even know what it is.

http://humour.200ok.com.au/img/pancake_bunny.jpg

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 2:56 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:
THis all comes down to what Roo did. While your actions and apologizing are commendable, if you are in the 8th rhelm of douchebaggery, there may be no going back.

Which is kinda my point, if there is no going back. Fuck It, why worry about something you can't fix, or something that is beyond your control.

Dubz

Because sometimes it is worth the extra effort to try to make things right, even if it is just for your own sake.

I would have thought apologizing should be enough, however he already made an extra effort by apologizing "with flowers", unfortunately for some women, whatever you do, it is never enough. If she is that upset why is she still hanging around living rent free.

Dubz

She actually went to a friends that night and back to Poland the next day. You know a lassy is seriously pissed when she leaves behind her clothes and shoes for 6 days!.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 3:42 AM Quote
You made a girl flee the country?!

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 4:51 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Well she goes home now and again for school, my guess is she stayed with her friend for a few days before going home for that. She says diferently but i think that's just to make me feel bad

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 6:44 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Well she goes home now and again for school, my guess is she stayed with her friend for a few days before going home for that. She says diferently but i think that's just to make me feel bad

So she is still talking to you, albiet to make you feel bad. I wouldn't sweat it. If she was really really pissed off she wouldn't even bother making you feel bad, she would just go and never return or stay in touch. As for leaving the country, that's bullshit "you made me go home"... If it wasn't for you she would't have the chance to live in the UK anyway. Maybe you deserve a bit of a "guilt trip" for whatever you said, But you also deserve a bit of thanks and respect in your own home for taking her in.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 7:20 PM Quote
I hope you didn't say anything terrible about her family, religion or Poland. Because we* love b*tching about all of the above but you do the same and we'll rip you apart :)

*'We' meaning Poles.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 8:14 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I hope you didn't say anything terrible about her family, religion or Poland. Because we* love b*tching about all of the above but you do the same and we'll rip you apart :)

*'We' meaning Poles.

Scots do the same thing with their hometown/country, for examle it's perfectly acceptable for a Buddie to slag/rip into Paisley, or a Scotsman to do the same with Scotland. But try it univited when you're an outsider and all hell can break loose.

We're a fickle bunch ;)

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 1:07 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

*'We' meaning Poles.

Scots do the same thing with their hometown/country, for examle it's perfectly acceptable for a Buddie to slag/rip into Paisley, or a Scotsman to do the same with Scotland. But try it univited when you're an outsider and all hell can break loose.

We're a fickle bunch ;)

Dubz

So true Dubz. I remember speaking to Fran in America and having a good old bitch about the SW of Scotland.

Megg, i wish i had insulted her family

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 2:33 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

dude, seriously.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 2:48 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

dude, seriously.

What?. It was that bad. Insulting her religion or family would have been a far better choice.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 3:57 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

dude, seriously.

What?. It was that bad. Insulting her religion or family would have been a far better choice.

yes, I understand. My "seriously" is a question of what you did that was so bad. Did you DO something or SAY something?

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 4:24 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

dude, seriously.

yes, I understand. My "seriously" is a question of what you did that was so bad. Did you DO something or SAY something?

I said something, bad. A few bad things to be honest

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 8:50 PM Quote
Does it even get any worse than insulting one's family?!

Dubz, yes! I think Poles and Scots have quite similar historical backgrounds. Plus you get confused with Englishmen quite a lot (which is an insult to you from what I understand), we get the same with Russians.

mili
mili Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 10:51 PM Quote
I remember in a very small scale this same thing when I was about 14 or so. A friend of mine was always complaining about her little brother (6 years junior). One evening she had a good whine about her brother and we (her friends) joined in a bit. The result was her attacking us for saying bad things about her beloved brother, she can say anything she likes but no one else. Learned in a very short time that blood is indeed thicker than water… I don't have any siblings, so all that was news to me.

Pages Previous 1...147 148 149 150 [151] 152 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:45 AM