Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 7:55 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
just got an email with the details and, oh Lord, I'm SO NOT going to do that interview. I told them in a nice way, though, I think.

btw, there's a German expression for people like me, it'd translate into "The Internship Generation", a "lost generation" of graduates who can't find a real job... it's just great.


Only last week we were called "lost generation" and "generation rent" (As no one younger than 30 even dreams of buying a property. Ever.) in an English newspaper. "Generation Internship" is old news ;/

Also, there was "30 things to do before you're 30" feature in today's Evening Standard. Prime examples: Buy a house. Earn a million. Get married. Have children (if you're a woman(!)).

The author must be stuck in 1993.

P.S. Cool one, Andrew.


you're right, "Generation Internship" is old news... Especially since the "good" companies don't hire grads as interns anymore, just to get those "business fairness award" thingies... Oh well.
The woman who wanted to interview me for her magazine was talking about the Internship Generation, too. She said that'd be the title of her article. I said she might want to reconsider this and do some research on people who don't even get internships but are just completely forgotten and, well, "lost"...

Generation rent, oh yes... Buying property, ha ha. ;)

Kristy, I love your to-do-list thread :D
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Fri 02 Sep, 2011 3:28 AM Quote
http://i54.tinypic.com/10f8db9.jpg
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
Posts: 2092
hennypenny Posted Fri 02 Sep, 2011 6:13 AM Quote
Haha! Nice Andrew!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 02 Sep, 2011 10:52 PM Quote
My Landlady is visiting tomorrow with a view to renewing the lease. Maybe I should sober up...


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2011 12:56 PM Quote
It's the first weekend in September, that can only mean one thing....

It's All Ireland Hurling Final weekend, Tipperary take on Kilkenny in a repeat of the last two finals, both fantastic matches.

Trying to put a crew together to go watch it in my local.

The Premier County vs the Cats, and The Dubs take on The Tribesmen in the Minor Final.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2011 5:11 PM Quote
discovered yet ANOTHER show that I will now have to watch regularly: Awkward.
Seriously, I never thought MTV could come up with something good again (though I guess your personal definition of "a good tv show" changes once you've been unemployed for more than 6 months)...
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2011 8:03 PM Quote
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2011 8:19 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(


Oh, my. Were you aware of committing "gross misconduct"?
Is your housemate coming back anytime soon?
Hope tomorrow's looking better.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2011 8:30 PM Quote
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(


Oh, my. Were you aware of committing "gross misconduct"?
Is your housemate coming back anytime soon?
Hope tomorrow's looking better.


Cheers Mili.
I got bored at work and decided to just go home. Calling that gross misconduct seems a little unfair. She's back in a week but it's going to be weird as she's been here for over 2 months.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
Posts: 3778
megg_inc Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2011 10:49 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
discovered yet ANOTHER show that I will now have to watch regularly: Awkward.
Seriously, I never thought MTV could come up with something good again (though I guess your personal definition of "a good tv show" changes once you've been unemployed for more than 6 months)...


Awkward rules! It is SO good. I love to hate Sadie. "You have to be cruel to be kind" might be my favourite quote of 2011. Beau Mirchoff helps.


And...Andrew!!!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 7:01 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(


Oh, my. Were you aware of committing "gross misconduct"?
Is your housemate coming back anytime soon?
Hope tomorrow's looking better.


Cheers Mili.
I got bored at work and decided to just go home. Calling that gross misconduct seems a little unfair. She's back in a week but it's going to be weird as she's been here for over 2 months.


Hope you didn't admit being bored. A headache or feeling ill would've been better reason to leave. Still, hardly a gross misconduct, especially if it hasn't happened before or too often.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 1:36 PM Quote
Might we be the clumsiest people on earth?

Yesterday I looked down to see that there was a new scratch on my foot. So new that it was actively bleeding. I have no idea how this happened.

Also noticed a new bruise on my leg but that isn't as shocking.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 2:40 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Might we be the clumsiest people on earth?

Yesterday I looked down to see that there was a new scratch on my foot. So new that it was actively bleeding. I have no idea how this happened.

Also noticed a new bruise on my leg but that isn't as shocking.


Sounds familiar. I constantly have bruises I have no idea of how they came about. Also, I'm troubled by an achy ankle, that's been going on for weeks, no idea how that happened. On the other hand I do know why my arm is weak and hurting, I managed to get it trapped by a lift door last summer (yup, 2010), and apparently it's still not ok. Some damaged nerve or something.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 2:57 PM Quote
Weekend: mystery scrape on one ankle. Rollerblade dig in scrape on other ankle. Cut leg shaving. Ran into some boxes. Twice.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Posts: 2291
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 2:58 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(


Oh, my. Were you aware of committing "gross misconduct"?
Is your housemate coming back anytime soon?
Hope tomorrow's looking better.


Cheers Mili.
I got bored at work and decided to just go home. Calling that gross misconduct seems a little unfair. She's back in a week but it's going to be weird as she's been here for over 2 months.


whats unfair about it? you just left cause you were bored? how do you expect them to react?
 
Pages Previous 1...141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 Next All Times GMT Current Time 12:19 PM
Post Reply