Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Sun 28 Aug, 2011 9:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
Tattoo number 3 on Wednesday. Not bad going for someone who got his first on the 11th of May

Dude! You are going to have a face tattoo by the end of the year.
What did you get this time?

I should have been more clear, I'm getting a tattoo this Wednesday :). I'm getting a lotus flower tattooed on my elbow or maybe just below it. The plan is to have a full sleeve done. That's the picture i asked to be worked from.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ia7aiu.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 28 Aug, 2011 10:29 PM Quote
thats cool ...color too ?

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 28 Aug, 2011 10:44 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
thats cool ...color too ?

Just black with shading. I'm not a fan of colour and will be sticking to just black and white

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:54 AM Quote
Back to work today. zomg

mili
mili Posted Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:44 PM Quote
Still a bit tired after organizing the firstborn's confirmation party. Fridge is packed with leftovers, my poor family will have quiche, pasties, salad and cake for tea tonight, followed by biscuits, if they want. Only the salad is a new addition to yesterday's diet.

Confirmation is a big thing here, sort of rite towards adulthood. Most 15-year-olds go to a special camp to learn about Christianity, and then have a special mass to receive their first communion (non-believers go to Prometheus camps to think about ethics). Afterwards there's a reception for friends and family, and the newly confirmed child receives gifts, typically jewellery and money. Our daughter got a serious camera from her grandparents and some pearls, amongst other things.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 29 Aug, 2011 7:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Back to work today. zomg

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I went to the Notting Hill Carnival today. Wowza. Didn't manage to find my friend I was supposed to go with which sucked. Phones stopped working for some reason. The parade was pretty awesome and it was definitely worth going but I guess this is a type of thing you can only truly enjoy when you're drunk and/or baked. And believe me, people were working on getting both left, right and centre. Oh London.

I also forgot to wash the conditioner off my hair and it looks gross.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 30 Aug, 2011 6:45 PM Quote
Feckin' shattered after a weekend of Boozivities, Out on Friday night with the guys I worked with about 5 years ago, Quiet pint after work ended up in staggering home at 2am, Saturday was relatively quiet, Sunday was a huge day of Sport and Drink, Shite Result Good Game Saint Mirren, Good Result Shite Game Dublin. Didn't even see the fitba afterwards, Then a few cures yesterday as I had booked the day off...

...now just chillin' before an early bed.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 8:22 AM Quote
I was just asked if I wanted to be interviewed for a magazine - about my job search.
NO.
I want a job.
I don't want to talk about not-getting one.
However, I have thought about starting a blog about this whole frustrating thing, about application processes and interview questions, websites and stuff. Maybe WRITING is better than talking about it? I don't think I'll do it, though.

mili
mili Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 9:23 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I was just asked if I wanted to be interviewed for a magazine - about my job search.
NO.
I want a job.
However, I have thought about starting a blog about this whole frustrating thing, about application processes and interview questions, websites and stuff. Maybe WRITING is better than talking about it? I don't think I'll do it, though.

On the other hand, if you come across really well in the interview, someone might offer you a job. Any publicity…

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 9:41 AM Quote
mili wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
NO.
I want a job.

On the other hand, if you come across really well in the interview, someone might offer you a job. Any publicity…

Hm maybe... I mean they're going to change the names and places, I think, but maybe you're right. They're going to write me an email with the details anyway (I said I might know someone who actually succeeded in finding a job after searching for 6 months), so I'll see what they really want. I'm just so sick of having to explain my situation to people...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:49 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I'm just so sick of having to explain my situation to people...

Tell them to sod off.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 2:23 PM Quote
just got an email with the details and, oh Lord, I'm SO NOT going to do that interview. I told them in a nice way, though, I think.

btw, there's a German expression for people like me, it'd translate into "The Internship Generation", a "lost generation" of graduates who can't find a real job... it's just great.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 5:27 PM Quote
That's tattoo #3 done. It ended up being a bit bigger than i had perhaps anticipated lol but i'm chuffed with it.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2yp0pac.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 7:23 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
just got an email with the details and, oh Lord, I'm SO NOT going to do that interview. I told them in a nice way, though, I think.

btw, there's a German expression for people like me, it'd translate into "The Internship Generation", a "lost generation" of graduates who can't find a real job... it's just great.

Only last week we were called "lost generation" and "generation rent" (As no one younger than 30 even dreams of buying a property. Ever.) in an English newspaper. "Generation Internship" is old news ;/

Also, there was "30 things to do before you're 30" feature in today's Evening Standard. Prime examples: Buy a house. Earn a million. Get married. Have children (if you're a woman(!)).

The author must be stuck in 1993.

P.S. Cool one, Andrew.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2011 10:20 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
[Also, there was "30 things to do before you're 30" feature in today's Evening Standard. Prime examples: Buy a house. Earn a million. Get married. Have children (if you're a woman(!)).

The author must be stuck in 1993.

See: To Do List of the Lost Generation...

Pages Previous 1...140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 Next All Times UTC Current Time 9:58 PM