Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 16 Aug, 2011 12:27 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:
[Congrats on your new home!! Is it a new building, or why are there so many people moving in at the same time?

New building.
The first 6 floors or something are done and people are moving in, but the rest are open Oct 1.

struggling from refrainning on makin a comment but.......Wouldn't it be great if say one of the FORGOTTEN REBELS Canadas' greatest band , ived there ,RAWK !

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
Out of curiosity, on average how long does female sulking tend to last?. I grew up with a twin sister and i still don't understand you weird people.

Did you cause it? Could take a while.

Yea i caused it. I refused to turn off the radio when she was wanting to sleep, she took a big strop and spent most of the night on the couch. Had she asked with a please it wouldn't have been an issue..... she's still in the mood.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Aug, 2011 10:08 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I've never heard of having to book a move in slot... I don't think people have thought of this over here, but it sounds very sensible...

I've never had to do this, although Ive never lived in a big building. It was just move in whenever. I've heard of some universities doing it. Mine just gave you a specific day, but you had all of that day.
I went today to book my slot and found out it is because they reserve the service elevator for you!

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
I've never heard of having to book a move in slot... I don't think people have thought of this over here, but it sounds very sensible...

it is because they reserve the service elevator for you!

that just about makes it sound like a good idea

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:54 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

it would be, except my move in time is 8-11am and the stores easliest delivery time is 9-1. Im going to ask them to please aim for as early as possible

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2011 1:31 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

Yea i caused it. I refused to turn off the radio when she was wanting to sleep, she took a big strop and spent most of the night on the couch. Had she asked with a please it wouldn't have been an issue..... she's still in the mood.

You were being inconsiderate to play the music when she was trying to sleep. If she didn't say please when she asked you to turn if off, I can hardly blame her. And then you turn into the manners police? If you're going to live with someone, you can't be that petty about stuff. What if the situation had been reversed and she wouldn't turn her music off because you didn't say the magic word "please." Life is too short to waste on ridiculous arguments like that. If someone you like wants the music off, turn it off!

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2011 1:59 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:

You were being inconsiderate to play the music when she was trying to sleep. If she didn't say please when she asked you to turn if off, I can hardly blame her. And then you turn into the manners police? If you're going to live with someone, you can't be that petty about stuff. What if the situation had been reversed and she wouldn't turn her music off because you didn't say the magic word "please." Life is too short to waste on ridiculous arguments like that. If someone you like wants the music off, turn it off!

oh aye thats right, take her side lol. She literally got into bed after being away all day and said - "turn that shite off, i want some sleep". She's lucky i didn't smack her round the head with the radio. Had the situation been reversed, id remind her who the guest was and where the front door is. (i'd act like an arse)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2011 2:25 AM Quote
I was all prepared to take your side because I know you and I don't know her, but from the way you described the situation, I gotta call it like I see it! ;o)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:18 AM Quote
I'm in training all day today. Responsible Business, Orientation, Manual Handling & Yes I Can. It's a pile of shit.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 18 Aug, 2011 9:28 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yes I Can.

So, can you?

All training is a pile of shit especially if it involves role play and building anything with over-sized pieces of lego.
My old work team once went on a course for creative thinking. Their work dealt purely in statistics. I didn't want to point out the obvious; I might've ruined their cake eating, coffee swilling afternoon in a posh hotel.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2011 12:26 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
She literally got into bed after being away all day and said - "turn that shite off, i want some sleep". She's lucky i didn't smack her round the head with the radio. Had the situation been reversed, id remind her who the guest was and where the front door is. (i'd act like an arse)

That is so typical. Act like a douche and then cry because you are single and she's just not that into you. You are all hopeless.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2011 6:28 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
monkey wrote:
She literally got into bed after being away all day and said - "turn that shite off, i want some sleep". She's lucky i didn't smack her round the head with the radio. Had the situation been reversed, id remind her who the guest was and where the front door is. (i'd act like an arse)

That is so typical. Act like a douche and then cry because you are single and she's just not that into you. You are all hopeless.

Yeah, cause that's the problem here !?!

Personally I'm falling on the side of Monkey.

"turn that shite off, i want some sleep" - this is an order, delivered to a person who is letting you live in his abode rent free, not a request, not a suggestion, not "can you turn that off/down as I'm tired and want to get some sleep", an ORDER. I think Andrew used some restraint, personally if someone spoke to me like that in my own house they would be shown/told where the front door is.

Is she still in a strop? Is it in danger of escalating? If I were you I'd sit her down and explain to her that you understand she was tired etc. but that she cannot speak to you like that, tell her why it pissed you off and apologise (you don't have to mean it) for reacting. If she is unwilling to do this and accept it, boot her arse into touch.

Most women (and men), by nature, are selfish, spoilled and ignorant. It's whether they know they are and compensate for it or whether they just don't give a fuck.

Sunny wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yes I Can.

So, can you?

All training is a pile of shit especially if it involves role play and building anything with over-sized pieces of lego.
My old work team once went on a course for creative thinking. Their work dealt purely in statistics. I didn't want to point out the obvious; I might've ruined their cake eating, coffee swilling afternoon in a posh hotel.

Yes, I can. it was all about not saying "No" to a guest, very much full of Role Play and other assorted pish. How to deal with disgruntled guests etc. Unfortunately the posh hotel where the training took place is also my work place so I didn't even get those benefits. I've never understood all this modern training shite about "team building" and "bonding", you want to team build and bond, grab your "team" on a Friday night and go for a few pints it'll work a damn site better than playing with eggs and straws.

Years ago during one of these "excercises" I found out that I fit into a neat little box, Because the exercise took 10 minutes, I sat back and let the team get on with it for 8mins, then suggested they try a few things and again sat back and let them get on with it. Seemingly this means I have supervisory skills, I don't tell people what to do directly rather I suggest, when the going gets tough I jump in and help. I'm the type of employee most employers look for. Simple truth is I was hungover to fuck and couldn't be arsed with it.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2011 7:04 AM Quote
Aah, bonding and group exercises…
I remember one office training day which finished on the early side after some group work and plenty of beer on a boat (the only interesting thing we did). Some continued to a boozer. One colleague apparently fell asleep on a park bench afterwards, and when he finally got home he found his family at the table in their night dress. It was 8 o'clock and he wasn't sure wether it was am or pm.

My son just started in the big school, and the tradition in his school is to take all the 7th graders to a "bonding camp", i.e. overnight in a tent in a parish course centre an hour's drive away, with all sorts of games to get to know each other. His sister's been through it, and apparently it was not all fun and games (no pun intended). I just hope it's not going to rain, because the old army style tents are not 100 % waterproof.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2011 9:02 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

it would be, except my move in time is 8-11am and the stores easliest delivery time is 9-1. Im going to ask them to please aim for as early as possible

Oh man. The last time I ordered furniture, they said they'd deliver it between 9-11... and they arrived at HALF PAST SEVEN. ARGH! Germans! ;D

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
monkey wrote:

haha. Is that you having a go?

I wont be spoken to like that by anyone in my own home and i don't think many other people would either. Being single doesn't make me "cry" or even really bother me. i'm never short of offers and could get someone tomorrow if i wanted. I will agree though that she's not that into me and that it upsets me.

Pages Previous 1...138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:30 PM