Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 9:02 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I had 2 trials in a clothing store last week (paid ones at least!). They were supposed to call me on Monday. I really thought I would get it - not a kind of place many people will dream of working at! No response. I seriously start to think no one will ever employ me. EVER. 18 years of education in 2 countries plus interning abroad apparently mean absolutely nothing, I'm not even good enough to sell cheap clothes for a minimum wage.
I also got 2 'thanks but NO, thanks' responses in regards to my 'proper' job applications.
*back to eating cheap biscuits and watching tv shows*
At least The Apprentice is on tonight.

That Melody is in need of a slap!.

I hope you get something soon

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 9:18 PM Quote
Sorry Gosia :(

Im putting my unemployment to good use. Ive watched 7 seasons of ER! oh man. this is lame.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 9:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Im putting my unemployment to good use. Ive watched 7 seasons of ER! oh man. this is lame.

Ive been watching a good few episodes of how i met your mother, thanks to you. It's pretty brilliant

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 10:10 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Ive been watching a good few episodes of how i met your mother, thanks to you. It's pretty brilliant

THE BEST. The Canadian references help with that claim, whether accurate or ridiculous.
Have you seen the Robin Sparkles ep yet? It's my fav.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 11:34 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

That Melody is in need of a slap!.

I hope you get something soon

Melody is soooo annoying! Glad she's out. I think Jim is a terrible human being but even I liked him today. I actually met the dude who was the first to be fired. Worst. Handshake. Ever.

I'm rewatching 'That '70s Show' again. I love it, I think it might be my favourite show ever. I adore every single character. Red is the wisest man in the history of time.

Andrew, why would she think you're gay? I thought you used to hit on her?

PS. HIMYM got really lame these past 2 seasons. I love NPH to pieces though.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 9:36 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I'm rewatching 'That '70s Show' again. I love it, I think it might be my favourite show ever. I adore every single character. Red is the wisest man in the history of time.

PS. HIMYM got really lame these past 2 seasons. I love NPH to pieces though.

I went to see "Larry Crowne" with my mother yesterday and one of the minor characters was strangely familiar... then, 1 hour into the movie, I finally realised it was Fez! Fez is ALIVE! He's now calling himself Dell Gordo and leading a motor scooter gang...

HIMYM did get a bit lame over the past 2 seasons - it's such a pity... Did you watch NPH hosting the Tony Awards this year? I'm not a big fan of musicals, but his performances were awesome, as always :D

(I'm SO SO sorry about your job situation, I know how much it sucks. I've started looking for permanent positions ONE year ago - and NOTHING. 19 years of education and internships and language-courses and a money-sucking internship abroad and 3.5 languages and it's still not enough. I have to pay back loans, too. It sucks, it really does. I wish I could just win the lottery and open my own café already... And my last telephone interview got seriously strange when the woman asked me for the FOURTH time how my last name is pronounced [it's very VERY easy to pronounce, you just have to READ it, for God's sake] and where it's from and went "Ohhhh it's SO...foreign!"... GNAH.). I don't think German companies would have a problem with any "European"-sounding name or nationality - some of them just have a problem with Muslim-sounding ones, I guess, which is SO SO SO annoying... I have to put "mother tongue: German" AND "nationality: German" in my CV... so annoying.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:07 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

THE BEST. The Canadian references help with that claim, whether accurate or ridiculous.
Have you seen the Robin Sparkles ep yet? It's my fav.

I've not seen that episode but i checked out a clip of it on YT. The other day i seen the episode where Barney walked away from meeting Nora's parents and i felt genuinely sad. It's incredibly well written.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:16 AM Quote
Dont shoot me, I like 'How I met your mother' and watch it regularly. However I dont think it deserves the hype but maybe thats me ;0)

Also looking for work here, updated my job application yesterday. Tried my best to make myself sound more interesting hmmm. I do like the job I have now and grateful for having one in these times but Im ready to move on.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:36 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Melody is soooo annoying! Glad she's out. I think Jim is a terrible human being but even I liked him today. I actually met the dude who was the first to be fired. Worst. Handshake. Ever.

Andrew, why would she think you're gay? I thought you used to hit on her?
[/quote]

Jim is a dick. He's just so full of shit and can talk his way out of trouble

She tries on multiple clothes in the morning and asks my opinion?!?. Of course i pretend to have an opinion because (like a perv) i enjoy watching her get changed.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:38 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Dont shoot me, I like 'How I met your mother' and watch it regularly. However I dont think it deserves the hype but maybe thats me ;0)

Also looking for work here, updated my job application yesterday. Tried my best to make myself sound more interesting hmmm. I do like the job I have now and grateful for having one in these times but Im ready to move on.

None of my pals have seen How I met your mother. Only a few have even heard of it. I don't think it has a big following in Scotland

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 4:11 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
[
I went to see "Larry Crowne" with my mother yesterday and one of the minor characters was strangely familiar... then, 1 hour into the movie, I finally realised it was Fez! Fez is ALIVE! He's now calling himself Dell Gordo and leading a motor scooter gang...

Did you like Larry Crowne? I saw it on the weekend. It was okay, but I didnt love it. My friend said after that she almost cried 5 times during it. My response was "AT WHAT??" Apperently I have a heart made of stone.
I do very much like Tommy Hanks (my fake Hollywood dad) and Julia Roberts, though.
There is one line in it where he COMPLETELY turns into Fez. I think it is "but she loves me best-est" or something.

I want a scooter now.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 5:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
[

Did you like Larry Crowne? I saw it on the weekend. It was okay, but I didnt love it. My friend said after that she almost cried 5 times during it. My response was "AT WHAT??" Apperently I have a heart made of stone.
I do very much like Tommy Hanks (my fake Hollywood dad) and Julia Roberts, though.
There is one line in it where he COMPLETELY turns into Fez. I think it is "but she loves me best-est" or something.

I want a scooter now.

I liked it, but it's just another summer movie. Nothing special, but nice nonetheless.

And yes, I think it was shortly before that line that I realised the guy used to be Fez, then he said it and stared at Tom Hanks in a very Fez-ish way and I almost shouted "OH that's FEZ" in my mother's ear, who, of course, had no idea what I was talking about...

I'd very much like to know at what point your friend cried, too. Maybe she watched the wrong film? Or maybe we do have hearts made of stone.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 6:49 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

I'd very much like to know at what point your friend cried, too. Maybe she watched the wrong film? Or maybe we do have hearts made of stone.

at the begining, when he loses his job, she kept going "ooooh, I feel so bad for him!" Literally in the middle of the theatre i had to remind her that he was Tom Hanks, and he was doing just fine.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 8:59 PM Quote
Haha, I hate watching movies with my mom because she always cries all the time, I just roll my eyes and then she tells me I have no heart lol.

Awww, Fez... 'I say good day!' ;). Where the heck is Hyde though? Dude, I love Hyde!

My problem with HIMYM (which I still like and watch, don't get the wrong idea) is that it became soooo unrealistic. I mean, they talk only in catchphrases, Ted has been obsessed with finding 'the one' eversince he was like 22. Yeah, right. I also got tired of the Barney's ridiculous lady killer persona. Not funny anymore. I get that tv is supposed to be exaggerated and comedies are not exactly realistic but come on. I don't have such issues with Friends, Modern Family or even Sex and the City (the show, not the awful movies!) which managed to be funny, slightly over the top but somehow real.

@Kristy: HA, I LOVE how Tom Hanks is your fake dad!

@Andrew: I doubt it means she thinks you're gay. Maybe she just wants a dude's opinion?

@Lily: Yup, we're on the same page I think... It sucks someone might have issues with a surname! That's a terrible attitude!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:22 PM Quote

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:21 AM