Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 1:21 PM Quote
http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/08e8da2bca0530f9087342c9653f0adf.jpg?1309854175

This made me want to cry. How insanely awesome it must have been!

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 4:36 PM Quote
Friend zone. I think

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 4:45 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Friend zone. I think

huh?

Oh, also! I have passionately hated one of the herbs the Brits seem to add to everything but had no idea what it was (so, I couldn't efficiently avoid it). Today I had a carrot & coriander soup and now I know what I hate. Ewwwww ewwwwww ewwwwwwwwwww. It makes me nauseous. Why would anyone like it?!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 6:17 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Friend zone. I think

You mean with the housemate who just came back?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 7:26 PM Quote
I'm fucking knackered recently, I'm losing my normal understanding and patience.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 8:16 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
[quote="monkey"]

Oh, also! I have passionately hated one of the herbs the Brits seem to add to everything but had no idea what it was (so, I couldn't efficiently avoid it). Today I had a carrot & coriander soup and now I know what I hate. Ewwwww ewwwwww ewwwwwwwwwww. It makes me nauseous. Why would anyone like it?!

a friend told me that there was actually some sort of scientific studies that people either love or hate coriander. I think im the exception, bc Im in the middle. I dont love it, but in curries and stuff where you don't taste full on coriander, it is okay.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 8:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
[quote="monkey"]

a friend told me that there was actually some sort of scientific studies that people either love or hate coriander. I think im the exception, bc Im in the middle. I dont love it, but in curries and stuff where you don't taste full on coriander, it is okay.

It may have to do with genetics, whether a person has the ability to taste/smell a certain part of the plant.
http://theobligatescientist.blogspot.com/2009/03/why-some-love-or-hate-coriander.html

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 9:31 PM Quote
I read 3 articles about it today! Coriander is pure evil for me. I once bought a sandwich and couldn't force myself to finish it after just 1 bite, I preferred to be hungry. It's weird, people aren't usually so disgusted by herbs!

mili
mili Posted Tue 05 Jul, 2011 9:45 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I read 3 articles about it today! Coriander is pure evil for me. I once bought a sandwich and couldn't force myself to finish it after just 1 bite, I preferred to be hungry. It's weird, people aren't usually so disgusted by herbs!

I can't stand dill. Good job I'm allergic to fish, as it's the most common usage of it. Some people serve new potatoes with dill, gross. Even more gross was the beef stew spiced with it we were served at the school canteen when I was a kid.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 4:49 PM Quote
So, Munich didn't get the Olympic Winter Games 2018 :(
We were kind of expecting to lose (Pyeongchang had applied for the THIRD time), but still... my patriotic Bavarian heart is very disappointed ;(
On the other hand, I'm so so SO glad those terrible multi-storey apartment houses they'd planned for the "Olympic Village" won't be built now. The construction site would've been (literally) behind our building and they would've "sacrificed" green areas and a few houses (never mind the people who LIVE there) for the new buildings. So, yay! And I got a "Munich 2018" hoody for free today, which is going to be a collector's item for sure ;-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 6:21 PM Quote
joined squaresville , first haircut since Oct 05

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 6:39 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

really??! are you going to share a picture with the class?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 7:35 PM Quote
I had 2 trials in a clothing store last week (paid ones at least!). They were supposed to call me on Monday. I really thought I would get it - not a kind of place many people will dream of working at! No response. I seriously start to think no one will ever employ me. EVER. 18 years of education in 2 countries plus interning abroad apparently mean absolutely nothing, I'm not even good enough to sell cheap clothes for a minimum wage.
I also got 2 'thanks but NO, thanks' responses in regards to my 'proper' job applications.
*back to eating cheap biscuits and watching tv shows*
At least The Apprentice is on tonight.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 8:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

really??! are you going to share a picture with the class?

Owning a camera is against my religon . It was too tough finding a cold spot on the pillow last night

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 06 Jul, 2011 8:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:
Friend zone. I think

You mean with the housemate who just came back?

Yea. Lasses at the best of time baffle me but this girl has my head all over the place. I'm currently considering the possibility that she thinks i'm gay. :/

Pages Previous 1...123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:51 PM