Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 1:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I keep thinking about going back to school for an actual skill . Something like visual merchandising. But I dont know that I want to delay life by 2 year for something that I don't know that I'd even be good at.

Can you take the classes online? My sister-in-law is working on her Master's degree and so far every class has had an online option. She's able to work full time.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 1:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I keep thinking about going back to school for an actual skill . Something like visual merchandising. But I dont know that I want to delay life by 2 year for something that I don't know that I'd even be good at.

Can you take the classes online? My sister-in-law is working on her Master's degree and so far every class has had an online option. She's able to work full time.

nope. I've been looking for online options elsewhere, but I also feel like this is something that is quite hands on.

edit: I just found one online that is almost $4000 per quarter. It estimates it will take you 12 quarters to finish it. HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHA. You are hilarious, website.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 3:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Another poster maker is born . You could try interning at a studio and learn the ropes .

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 4:00 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Another poster maker is born . You could try interning at a studio and learn the ropes .

poster making ≠ visual merchandising*

*is that does not equals sign work for anyone? It shows up for me in preview, but not when posted.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 4:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Rough as a badger's arse.

Don't think I'll be going to work today. For the second Monday in a row, kinda hard to motivate oneself when one doesn't get paid.

Dubz

How do you get away with not going in? You just started.

Because I'm working for no pay, so... as I'm good at what I do they are just happy when I do turn up. Incidentally I did go in today I was only 10 minutes late and put in a good shift.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 29 Jun, 2011 5:50 AM Quote
My hours have been changed, not a happy camper. I also now have to start clocking in and out, 8 till 5 mon-fri with a 30min lunch break, that's an eight and a half hour day, forty two and a half hour week, by law I am entitled to work no more than a 39hour week, considering this is a government scheme you would think they are the ones to abide by the rules not only that I usually get into work around 7:30. I'm gonna clock all week then on Friday next I'm gonna ask how many hours so far and then take the afternoon off. Don't honestly see this job lasting it's time.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 29 Jun, 2011 5:01 PM Quote
You know you're homesick when you have cravings so strong for the food you have always hated back home that you actually go to the international section of Tesco to buy it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 29 Jun, 2011 7:41 PM Quote
I'm fucked, dog tired.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 29 Jun, 2011 9:01 PM Quote
Ohh, I realised today, after 5 months here that I can watch tv online live for free. I will never do anything useful again.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 5:48 AM Quote
I've just realized that I'm a day ahead of everybody else for the past 3 days, It's NOT Friday :(

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 9:37 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Ohh, I realised today, after 5 months here that I can watch tv online live for free. I will never do anything useful again.

oh my...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 2:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've just realized that I'm a day ahead of everybody else for the past 3 days, It's NOT Friday :(

Dubz

it is here! Long weekend! Happy Canada Day (tomorrow)! Capital bound for the weekend...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 2:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

it is here! Long weekend! Happy Canada Day (tomorrow)! Capital bound for the weekend...

Happy Canada Day, Kristy!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 3:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Happy Canada Day, Kristy!

me and my country say thanks! Despite the fact that I lived there for 4 years, this is the first time I am spending Canada Day in Ottawa. It will be crazy busy, even more so because Kate and William will be there (yawn) but happy to see friends and have a nice weekend in my other home

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 5:53 PM Quote
Happy Canada Day Kristy.

Pages Previous 1...121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:02 PM