Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 9:36 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Today I got the results back from Module One aka the Portfolio I had been working madly on and practically fell off the face of the planet for. I passed! I also got the highest mark in my class so I am mega shocked. Bring on Semester 2 :-) woohoo.

Honestly the relief I feel is immense! :-)


way to go, lady!
Day 2 of jetlag is worse than day 1. fact.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
Posts: 2092
hennypenny Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 9:54 PM Quote
Great job Wendy!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 03 Jun, 2011 6:44 AM Quote
Well Done Wends that's Brilliant News.

I'm going back to work today after 4 days off.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Fri 03 Jun, 2011 7:07 AM Quote
Great job, Wendy!!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Fri 03 Jun, 2011 6:06 PM Quote
Awesome Wendy!

Megg, has anything turned around for you? I've been thinking about you.

(but not in a perverted way)

Yesterday I booked two big adventures for our Hawaii trip. Now it seems real and I'm bursting at the seams. We leave in 10 days. While there we are going to tour the area around the biggest volcano there. Another day we'll go on a sailboat and cruise up to the Na Pali Coast (only accessible by boat) and snorkel with the dolphins and sea turtles.

I know, you all hate me. I hate myself so it's OK.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Fri 03 Jun, 2011 9:16 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Yesterday I booked two big adventures for our Hawaii trip. Now it seems real and I'm bursting at the seams. We leave in 10 days. While there we are going to tour the area around the biggest volcano there. Another day we'll go on a sailboat and cruise up to the Na Pali Coast (only accessible by boat) and snorkel with the dolphins and sea turtles.

I know, you all hate me. I hate myself so it's OK.


ya, not a big fan! Is it sad that I'm slightly jealous of your children? We never really went on vacation, so I'm always jealous of kids that get to go fun places.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Sat 04 Jun, 2011 10:15 AM Quote
Way to go, Wendy!!! :)

(aw, I really miss going to uni! learning new stuff every day, reading books you wouldn't have known about if it weren't for your professor's reading-list etcetera...)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sat 04 Jun, 2011 5:10 PM Quote
The end of schools day, I went to one graduation party to congratulate a fine young man (the oldest of one of my friends) who has grown over a meter since I last saw him. He was very nicely behaved, with a nice deep voice and good looks. The lad's going to go far.

My youngest had his last day in the first school, apparently not a day too late, he's ready to move on. I'm proud of my bilingual kids with their good grades in both Finnish and English. It doesn't always work out so well with two languages, sometimes neither is strong.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 04 Jun, 2011 7:15 PM Quote
mili wrote:
The end of schools day, I went to one graduation party to congratulate a fine young man (the oldest of one of my friends) who has grown over a meter since I last saw him. He was very nicely behaved, with a nice deep voice and good looks. The lad's going to go far.

My youngest had his last day in the first school, apparently not a day too late, he's ready to move on. I'm proud of my bilingual kids with their good grades in both Finnish and English. It doesn't always work out so well with two languages, sometimes neither is strong.


I remember reading somewhere that once you learn two or three European languages the rest become easier to pick up, who knows the kids could end up multi-lingual.

Which reminds me of a joke:

What do you call someone who speaks two languages

Bilingual


What do you call someone who speaks three languages

Trilingual


What do you call someone who speaks many languages

Multilingual


What do you call someone who speaks one language

English



Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Sun 05 Jun, 2011 6:14 PM Quote
mili wrote:

My youngest had his last day in the first school, apparently not a day too late, he's ready to move on. I'm proud of my bilingual kids with their good grades in both Finnish and English. It doesn't always work out so well with two languages, sometimes neither is strong.


it's so awesome your kids are growing up bilingual!! I've always been slightly jealous of bilingual kids (since I could've been one, too... if only my dad had had a better "relationship" with his country when I was a kid. He tried to teach me some Farsi when I was older, but by then it was too late for me to grasp it on a native level. then I stopped studying it altogether and only started again last year...)

Oh, and you should totally move back to Munich, so your kids can grow up with three languages! ;P
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Jun, 2011 6:56 PM Quote
Went to work this morning and built a "Pagoda" an actual pagoda and not the dude from Tenenbaums. Going in again tomorrow (Bank Holiday here) only for an hour or two just for cover. but my bosses think I'm deadly for doing so been told today I'll get a voucher which entitles me to free stay in any Radisson, (even tho' I totally took the piss with 4 days off at the begining of the week), I know if I keep this up I can practically guarantee myself a job at the end of the term but I just know that before then I'll fuck it up at some point.

Aesop's Frog and the Scorpion, I suppose.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Sun 05 Jun, 2011 9:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I know if I keep this up I can practically guarantee myself a job at the end of the term but I just know that before then I'll fuck it up at some point.


That's the spirit Dubz!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sun 05 Jun, 2011 10:06 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

Oh, and you should totally move back to Munich, so your kids can grow up with three languages! ;P


I've come to the conclusion that had we stayed, the kids would be fluent in German and English, but Finnish would be poor, as there's no support for it around. Neither of the kids enjoy their French and Swedish studies, even though one would think it should be easyish with the English base. But you just don't hear any French around here, and Swedish is considered generally as a pain in the backside… Their dad is always weeding American influence from their speech, thanks to MTV.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Sun 05 Jun, 2011 11:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Their dad is always weeding American influence from their speech, thanks to MTV.



Dude ! Hella ! Duuuuuuuuuuude !
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Mon 06 Jun, 2011 12:47 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Awesome Wendy!

Megg, has anything turned around for you? I've been thinking about you.

(but not in a perverted way)



What Anne said

i am so bored!
 
Pages Previous 1...116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:17 AM
Post Reply