Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 30 May, 2011 11:45 PM Quote
Two giant shrubs trimmed, Snow Leopard installed on the Mac, swimming pool is filling (should be done by bed time), groceries bought (not by me), more flowers planted, A/C installed upstairs because it decided to be 90ºF today. So much for a relaxing holiday!

I am not sunburned because I remembered to wear sunscreen. I am very proud of myself.

mili
mili Posted Tue 31 May, 2011 6:51 AM Quote
Didn't have a day off yesterday, as here it's on thursday. Instead I had a less busy working day with a free evening, so I got lots done: made meatballs, shortened a pair of jeans, modified a t-shirt and fixed some leggings, cleaned and oiled the sewing machine, polished two pairs of shoes…
If the clients don't come back with their comments today, I'm going to sort out my desk.

- - - -

Well, didn't sort out the desk, but tried to empty the computer a bit. Can't afford to buy a new, faster and better one right now, so it's time to streamline.
Parents' evening in an hour, subject is the forthcoming school trip to Strasbourg for the 15-years olds (in September).

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 31 May, 2011 2:54 PM Quote
Now that Ford has "fixed" our van, it is in such a state that it cannot even be moved. Tow truck can't move it. It won't roll. Rear brakes are seized. Battery is dead. Been sitting in a parking lot since February. It's quite a situation.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 31 May, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
First On Race Day Kayte ......remember

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 31 May, 2011 6:33 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
First On Race Day Kayte ......remember

What do you mean?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 31 May, 2011 10:38 PM Quote
F O R D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 9:31 AM Quote
I've been off work for the past 3 days as I simply can't be arsed.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 11:14 AM Quote
I have never felt so terrible about my life. (Yes, I know I'm becoming the drama queen of the board and I apologise for that). I reached the point where I really don't have any hope left that I will find a job that pays the bills here so I could stay even though I'm not really sure I would want to stay. I can't afford another rent. I was told I was hired last week by a job agency and was supposed to start tomorrow but they cancelled yesterday for whatever reason.

I can't go back though. I just can't. I've spent my entire life trying to get out of my hometown, I can't live there. Plus I checked Polish job sites yesterday, there is NOTHING.

I feel like I'm underwater not being able to breathe, it's the worst feeling in the world.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 12:10 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I have never felt so terrible about my life. (Yes, I know I'm becoming the drama queen of the board and I apologise for that). I reached the point where I really don't have any hope left that I will find a job that pays the bills here so I could stay even though I'm not really sure I would want to stay. I can't afford another rent. I was told I was hired last week by a job agency and was supposed to start tomorrow but they cancelled yesterday for whatever reason.

I can't go back though. I just can't. I've spent my entire life trying to get out of my hometown, I can't live there. Plus I checked Polish job sites yesterday, there is NOTHING.

I feel like I'm underwater not being able to breathe, it's the worst feeling in the world.

I think you don't have to apologise for being afraid and saying it aloud.
The only thing I can suggest is that maybe you could have a look at "www.internations.org" * (a community for expats) and join the London community there, go to a meeting, and try to find business-related contacts? at least you'd know they're no fakes... and I guess contacts is the ONE thing that can get you a job these days...
(* even though, as I've already mentioned here, I'm not the greatest fan of the organisation because of that desastrous job-interview I had there, I still think their site can be useful.)

And I know it doesn't help, but you're not alone in being unable to breathe sometimes...
I'm 28, I graduated last year (after WAY TOO many struggles and setbacks) and can't find a real job (or even a short-term one), and I get angrier every day, at the economy, at people, at everything! seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????!!!! All the time, you read how well the German economy is doing (and how unemployment rates go down) but NO ONE will hire a graduate. And you see the pictures of the demonstrations in Madrid and then hear German politicians saying "luckily we're doing good!" and stuff, and you get even angrier...

Anyway, I really really hope you'll find something soon!!!!!
There's GOT to be something out there for us.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 3:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Here is a slap upside your head.
http://www.sodacraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/toslap_step03.png

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 3:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Here is a slap upside your head.
http://www.sodacraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/toslap_step03.png

They contacted me today, agreed to go in Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday to make up for it.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 01 Jun, 2011 4:20 PM Quote
Hello everyone. I've been lurking *tut tut* and thought I'd say Hi. Found out today that we managed to get tickets for an event next year for the Olympics. I'm chuffed but it would be nice to know what we're actually going to see - weird system.
Apart from that my son has been told he has to follow a strict diet until August. No industrial/processed foods. All homemade, eek which is why I now live in the kitchen and am sometimes AWOL. If any mums have nice simple recipes made from only fresh produce, I'd love some help :)

Just want to say I sympathise with those having problems with work, either getting a job or keeping it. It's a shit process but hopefully things'll take a turn for the better soon.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 1:03 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Hello everyone. I've been lurking *tut tut* and thought I'd say Hi. Found out today that we managed to get tickets for an event next year for the Olympics. I'm chuffed but it would be nice to know what we're actually going to see - weird system.
Apart from that my son has been told he has to follow a strict diet until August. No industrial/processed foods. All homemade, eek which is why I now live in the kitchen and am sometimes AWOL. If any mums have nice simple recipes made from only fresh produce, I'd love some help :)

Did you find out today what tickets you got? I thought the emails were being sent out.

Im back 5 hours off of board time. Weird.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 8:37 AM Quote
No idea Kristy and no email yet. We just know how much money they've taken. It's either volleyball or the Handball semi final which would be cool. We didn't get the athletics :(

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 02 Jun, 2011 8:34 PM Quote
Today I got the results back from Module One aka the Portfolio I had been working madly on and practically fell off the face of the planet for. I passed! I also got the highest mark in my class so I am mega shocked. Bring on Semester 2 :-) woohoo.

Honestly the relief I feel is immense! :-)

Pages Previous 1...115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:18 AM