Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:44 PM Quote
The sun is splitting the sky and I'm working in the gardens, going to be brown by the end of the week !!

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 1:33 PM Quote
It's still raining.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 3:21 PM Quote
Rachel just came right out and asked if Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, etc. were really Don and me. We had already discussed that if she asked we would tell her the truth because she probably already knew the answer already. She said she knew, but she didn't really want to know...she was a little sad and so was I. I also explained to her the responsibility of keeping the magic alive for the other kids. The bright side is now there are a lot more holiday movies she can watch.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Rachel just came right out and asked if Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, etc. were really Don and me. We had already discussed that if she asked we would tell her the truth because she probably already knew the answer already. She said she knew, but she didn't really want to know...she was a little sad and so was I. I also explained to her the responsibility of keeping the magic alive for the other kids. The bright side is now there are a lot more holiday movies she can watch.

It's a little sad even reading that. I can remember finding out when Santa wasn't real

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Makes me sad, too...

I found out Santa wasn't real when I found his costume in my dad's office. My mum tried the "I do Santa's dry-cleaning"-excuse but my dad confessed. Only five years later did I find out that even my AUNT had played Santa for us once - and we hadn't noticed anything weird...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
I can't remember ever believing in Santa, maybe that's why I'm a caustic bollix,

I've been working with hedges all day and I'm covered in scratches I either look like I've been self-harming or I have a psychotic cat. I enjoyed being out in the sun all day but now I'm realising just how sore I am. Roasting got power shower and a freezing cold beer for me when I get home I think.

Dubz

Eta- I was wearing gloves today so I could end up looking like Mickey Mouse

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 5:48 PM Quote
It was sad, but only in a "my baby's growing up" sort of way. She's at the right age where a kid starts thinking logically and questioning these things. We were surprised she believed this long, really. (We put a lot of effort into protecting her from certain movies, TV shows, etc.) Next year is when the school has their unit on human reproduction. You don't want to learn there's no Santa and where babies come from in the same year. That's just too much to handle!

Dubz, my husband never believed either. He had two older brothers and parents who didn't even make an effort once he came along. I feel sad about that. Some of the magic of Christmas is gone once you know the truth, but I can't imagine not ever having believed.

mili
mili Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 6:27 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

I found out Santa wasn't real when I found his costume in my dad's office. My mum tried the "I do Santa's dry-cleaning"-excuse but my dad confessed. Only five years later did I find out that even my AUNT had played Santa for us once - and we hadn't noticed anything weird...

One year Santa was wearing tights, and he came while my aunt was emptying the dishwasher…

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 6:28 PM Quote
Not from a personal point of view as I couldn't give a shit now. But... I agree kids are full of wonder and there should be some things that relate to the "innocence of youth". Kids need wonder, magic, santa and all the other stuff. It's the only time you can believe what you want without ridicule. Maybe I'm just getting older but Adult life is fucking difficult, every kid should have the right to a childhood.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:57 AM Quote
mili wrote:

One year Santa was wearing tights, and he came while my aunt was emptying the dishwasher…

mwahahaha.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:50 AM Quote
Just had to do a photoshoot with Roy Keane. All the staff had to stand on the hotel steps and get our picture taken with him. He was in for some charity thing. He's the patron of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 1:16 PM Quote
Storming today. Basement still dry.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 2:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

but did she tell her brother & sister ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 3:06 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

but did she tell her brother & sister ?

Of course not. As I said, I explained to her the responsibility of keeping the magic alive for the little ones. She is now in "the circle of trust!"

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 28 Apr, 2011 4:24 PM Quote
completely random, but today at the supermarket I discovered this:

http://media.ne.cision.com/ma/showmedia.aspx?media_id=64933&type=lowquality&i=TiN9

It says "Liquorice and Lemon" Penguins... *erm*... EEEEEW??!!?? I love Haribo and I love penguins, but LIQUORICE AND LEMON?!

Pages Previous 1...102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:26 PM