Travis

Re: Love
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't think it's any secret that men are more apt to cheat. When women cheat, it is often an "emotional affair" (if you want to consider that cheating) or a "revenge affair" after being cheated on.

That.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:11 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
monkey wrote:

what and girls never cheat. blokes can get it just as bad

Of course they do. I'm talking about dudes because they're who I'm interested in, but I'm actually freaked out by people-in-general's capability of doing those things to each other, as there were no morals, no true feelings anymore. I don't know if it's the matter of times we live in, or maybe before people stayed together for decades only because they couldn't afford divorces or because they were not socially accepted. Anyway, the number of couples all around me throwing away all those years together is scary.

Hmm, I'm finding the opposite. When I was a kid, it seemed like everyone's parents were divorced. Among my married friends, I know very few who are divorced. The ones who got married early are still married. I have one who waited to find the person she wanted and found him at 37 and they are now happily married.

Cheating when you are dating is certainly hurtful, but it is quite different than married cheating. There is a different bond there, especially if children are involved. I have one troubled former friend who has been married several times, cheated on many times (dating and while married) and has cheated herself, but her problems are due to HER and her own thoughtlessness and foolish choices. The rest of my friends seem to have very stable marriages.

rella
rella Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:12 PM Quote

rella

rella
ok it is bad this

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:13 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I sort of agree with Andrew. If a rich dude gets married, at least in the U.S, he will get a hell if it comes to divorce... Look at John Cleese who has to tour around the earth to pay his ex-wife.

Fancy dresses, jewelry, wedding gifts and testimonies has nothing to do with love...

It's not the point. I don't care if they are married or in a long-term relationship that wasn't formalized. Cheating is still cheating.

and those are 2 completely different things. Divorce costing you $$ vs. feeling entitled to cheat (or more susceptible or whatever) because you are good looking and have lots of money.

Well I was just adding another reason to why a rich guy might don't want to get married.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:30 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't think it's any secret that men are more apt to cheat. When women cheat, it is often an "emotional affair" (if you want to consider that cheating) or a "revenge affair" after being cheated on.

That.

If this is the case it still doesn't justify woman cheating, does it?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:35 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That.

If this is the case it still doesn't justify woman cheating, does it?

there is no justifying cheating. for anyone.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:41 PM Quote
My ex cheated on me with the explanation that she wanted to know if she was still able to pick up a guy.

I think it's very individual what your reasons are...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:41 PM Quote
Error_1!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:42 PM Quote
Error_2!

TheBoyWithAName
Error_3!

TheBoyWithAName
Error_4!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:46 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I'm actually freaked out by people-in-general's capability of doing those things to each other, as there were no morals, no true feelings anymore. I don't know if it's the matter of times we live in, or maybe before people stayed together for decades only because they couldn't afford divorces or because they were not socially accepted.

Hmm, I'm finding the opposite.

Obviously, I don't have many married friends as of yet but in the generation of my parents and people, let's say, over 30 it's pretty hard to find someone who had never been through a divorce and/or is not a single parent. But maybe that's a Polish thing as in the last 20 years society became much more liberal.

P.S. I'm tired of the effin' error-bloody-1. I'm gone.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:53 PM Quote
Bloody error_1! you've cost me my Meggy!

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:36 AM