Travis

Re: Love
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 5:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
jerks.

sing this to them

After last Friday I don't want to sing, talk to, or even see certain people.

mili
mili Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 7:09 PM Quote
My advice is to get to know someone before committing yourself. Keep an open mind and don't be too set on specific ideas.

I wasn't looking for anyone and ended up with an English football nut with strong views and interest in history. It's been pretty good 20 years + two kids. The previous one was a marathon running language genius, but that fell through. He turned out to be a jerk.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:06 PM Quote
Ahh. The same thing happens to me. I find it very hard to meet interesting men who are single and interested in me. Actually, no one's ever interested in me, or if by some weird chance they are, they happen to be jerks looking for sex who are willing to hook up with anything that remotely looks like a girl. It's very clear to me that I am the problem, I know I'm weird, but I'm not willing to become "more easy" or leave aside my values just to get a boyfriend.

I'm 24 too, and pretty sure I'll always be single. I try not to make a big deal out of it. There are things in life I enjoy very much and feel passionate about. I have a supportive family and a lot of dear friends, so I don't feel the need to just go looking for a boyfriend just so I can say "I'm normal, I'm 24 and have a boyfriend". Sure, it would be nice to meet a nice man who's interested in me, but since it's not happening any time soon, I don't think I should waste my time worrying.
A spinster's life is not that bad. ;o)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 1:02 AM Quote
Too many spinster's around here! Must be quite depressing to read about us lol :( ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 1:34 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I basically agree with everything you've said, Kayte. I think you need your own advice column like Dear Abby. Shall I ask my editor? "Dear Kayte"? :) I like it.

That sounds great. The metro area needs my wisdom. ;o)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:18 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ahh. The same thing happens to me. I find it very hard to meet interesting men who are single and interested in me. Actually, no one's ever interested in me, or if by some weird chance they are, they happen to be jerks looking for sex who are willing to hook up with anything that remotely looks like a girl. It's very clear to me that I am the problem, I know I'm weird, but I'm not willing to become "more easy" or leave aside my values just to get a boyfriend.

I'm 24 too, and pretty sure I'll always be single. I try not to make a big deal out of it. There are things in life I enjoy very much and feel passionate about. I have a supportive family and a lot of dear friends, so I don't feel the need to just go looking for a boyfriend just so I can say "I'm normal, I'm 24 and have a boyfriend". Sure, it would be nice to meet a nice man who's interested in me, but since it's not happening any time soon, I don't think I should waste my time worrying.
A spinster's life is not that bad. ;o)

I hear ya, sister ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:32 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Maybe we need to be a bit more open and less judgemental and be willing to take some risks.. With that in mind that doesn't mean that you should throw yourself in the arms of the first person that pays you any attention... I've just done some thinking and come to the conclusion that my problem is that I'm always a step ahead of everything and judge people without actually giving them the chance to prove me wrong. Even if you've been hurt you must come to a point where you let it go and losen up a bit. If you walk around with a bulletproof west, you'll lose so much and not only love.

Maybe I'm just rambeling, I dunno.

I don't think you're rambling, I think you're making a lot of sense in this post.

Part of love, and life really, is putting yourself out there knowing you might get hurt. You can protect yourself and keep everyone and everything at a distance but I don't believe that is really living. It's better to take risks and accept that pain is part of the process. Because when the risks do pay off (in life decisions as well as with relationships) it's amazing.

But yes, use common sense and judgement and don't accept being treated like crap just to have someone in your life. But on the other hand give people a chance and don't write them off for being human and making a mistake every once in a while.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:33 PM Quote
Love is like Error_1. Every once in a while, you just gotta hit "Refresh."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

thats the best thing ive read all day. Love philosophy by way of board malfunctions.

You click on the thread and you are all excited, the anticipation of what is coming next, and then BAM! Error_1!
But you can only hit refresh so many times before you just give up

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:46 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

thats the best thing ive read all day. Love philosophy by way of board malfunctions.

You click on the thread and you are all excited, the anticipation of what is coming next, and then BAM! Error_1!

No, no! You upgrade! :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I did! and yet BAM! Error_1!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 4:07 PM Quote
LOL, maybe error 1 is trying to tell us something?

Well written Anne, you make a lot of sense too :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 5:26 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I hear ya, sister ;)

I knew you'd understand how I feel, Meggie! :o)

minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I did! and yet BAM! Error_1!

LOL! Perfect usage of Error_1 as a metaphor!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 01 May, 2010 3:04 AM Quote
TO HELL WITH IT ALL

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 01 May, 2010 3:08 AM Quote
I dont think Swede Boy had a good night.
Whats wrong little one?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:36 AM