closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sun 18 Apr, 2010 8:36 PM Quote
Just a bit of fun.
Anyone know ??
Has he been kidnapped?
When is the tour?
Who will play with Fran, on the tour?
What does he have for breakfast?
Have you spoken to Dougie, Neil or Andy recently?
Is he sleeping better now?
Is he a candidate in the British election?
Do you know?
Ahh.. so many questions.
If you think you have seen fran, please leave your sighting of fran here.

Re: Where is Fran Healy?
missmoo
missmoo Posted Mon 19 Apr, 2010 7:14 PM Quote
Could be he's still cleaning dog dirt off his phone?

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:29 PM Quote
Travis are recording their next video in pilot uniforms. They think its a shame all those uniforms are going to waste these days.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 2:30 PM Quote
Good question. Things are a bit quiet lately on here, I hope things are OK with the album.

Edit - Fran went to see Wild Beasts in Berlin last night, they sound like a band worth checking out!

http://www.franhealy.com/2010/04/wild-beasts-in-berlin/

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 10:43 AM Quote
Fran posted this yesterday to the blog on his website:-

http://www.franhealy.com/2010/05/hello/

"Sorry for lack of blog. Been being papa and husband and neighbour while managers deal with deals and I begin to plan the next while. Things of note which have happened.

1. The Boys Next Door ( the band made up of the boys next door- yes, they are literally the boys next door) did a gig for the amazing director Wolfgang Becker at his Dancing Into May party. He heard they were good and booked them. The show was superb. Everyone loved them. And they got their first pay cheque.

2. I went to the Berlin Philharmonie to see Motzart and Stravinski a week ago. Was pretty good. They had a female conductor. Apparently there aren’t many. The first violinist broke a string, handed the instrument to the player beside him, presumably the second violin, and then the guy behind her pulled some strings out and handed her a shiny new one which she promptly attatched and tuned, then handed the instrument back to the first violinist just in time for his bit. Who said classical music was boring? Not I!!!

3. Clay’s birthday was fantastic. He is now 4! Lots of cake, tons of presents. Playmobil was the order of the day. We danced to Michael Jackson and ate home made pizza.

4. Went to see Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings. They were very good. Very tight. Reminded me of the jazz/funk scene at the Glasgow Art School when I was there. James Taylor Quartet were doing Starski and Hutch and we were trying to understand the finer aspects of Blue Note.

5. I learned a song from w r e c o r d e r on piano. Oooooooohh! (lifts hands under chin)

6. Arranged my first support slot as a solo person. It will be me by myself for these shows. (Announcements to follow soon)

7. Cut the vinyl master of w r e c o r d e r. It sounds amazing."

==============

It's good to know that the album is now all done, and that announcements about his first support slot as a solo artist is going to be announced soon, I wonder who it will be with? I know that Keane have yet to announce a support for some of their June gigs..

ps - Is the album w r e c o r d e r and not w r e c k o r d e r ?

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 4:57 PM Quote
na it's still written with a "k"
he just misspelled it once and copy-pasted it

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 8:07 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Fran posted this yesterday to the blog on his website:-

http://www.franhealy.com/2010/05/hello/

"Sorry for lack of blog. Been being papa and husband and neighbour while managers deal with deals and I begin to plan the next while. Things of note which have happened.

1. The Boys Next Door ( the band made up of the boys next door- yes, they are literally the boys next door) did a gig for the amazing director Wolfgang Becker at his Dancing Into May party. He heard they were good and booked them. The show was superb. Everyone loved them. And they got their first pay cheque.

2. I went to the Berlin Philharmonie to see Motzart and Stravinski a week ago. Was pretty good. They had a female conductor. Apparently there aren’t many. The first violinist broke a string, handed the instrument to the player beside him, presumably the second violin, and then the guy behind her pulled some strings out and handed her a shiny new one which she promptly attatched and tuned, then handed the instrument back to the first violinist just in time for his bit. Who said classical music was boring? Not I!!!

3. Clay’s birthday was fantastic. He is now 4! Lots of cake, tons of presents. Playmobil was the order of the day. We danced to Michael Jackson and ate home made pizza.

4. Went to see Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings. They were very good. Very tight. Reminded me of the jazz/funk scene at the Glasgow Art School when I was there. James Taylor Quartet were doing Starski and Hutch and we were trying to understand the finer aspects of Blue Note.

5. I learned a song from w r e c o r d e r on piano. Oooooooohh! (lifts hands under chin)

6. Arranged my first support slot as a solo person. It will be me by myself for these shows. (Announcements to follow soon)

7. Cut the vinyl master of w r e c o r d e r. It sounds amazing."

==============

It's good to know that the album is now all done, and that announcements about his first support slot as a solo artist is going to be announced soon, I wonder who it will be with? I know that Keane have yet to announce a support for some of their June gigs..

ps - Is the album w r e c o r d e r and not w r e c k o r d e r ?

So does point 6 mean, on other parts of the tour he might not be playing on his own?

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 10:11 PM Quote

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 10:12 PM Quote

Nell