daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 3:05 PM Quote
since the board is in need of new threads
i came up with a totally random one

What are your greatest fears in life?

mines would be:
- not getting married
- dying young
- lacking motivation and consequently not making good grade/ not getting a good job
- going nuts, literally
- becoming a pervert

they sound stupid i know
but sadly these really are my fears :P
what should i do

Re: greatest fears in life
monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 4:33 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
since the board is in need of new threads
i came up with a totally random one

What are your greatest fears in life?

mines would be:
- not getting married
- dying young
- lacking motivation and consequently not making good grade/ not getting a good job
- going nuts, literally
- becoming a pervert

they sound stupid i know
but sadly these really are my fears :P
what should i do

LOL @ becoming a pervert.

I fear never being a dad. I don't understand adult relationships and they scare the shit so it's a pretty bad start lol. maybe one day it will all come together

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 4:55 PM Quote
-being alone forever
-not being alone forever (they both seem equally scary)
-leading some boring mundane 9-5 life forever
-lately the realization that I should be moving to the UK in like 9 months is making my stomach hurt. Restarting in a new country is seeming way scary. But I try to keep reminding myself that (while not the same thing)I moved like 8 hours away to a new city for uni and managed to survive
-my parents dying. Which I know is inevitable, but it devestates me to think about when I will have to deal with that. I'm not even super close with my parents but it just breaks my heart to think about
-Not so much a fear as it already does happen, but everyone seems to move on to bigger and better and I get stuck. I fear that just keeps happening. Everyone will figure me out and just...move on and leave little ol' me in the dust when something better comes along.

Im sure I have 10000 more. Im full of irrational fears.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

-lately the realization that I should be moving to the UK in like 9 months is making my stomach hurt. Restarting in a new country is seeming way scary. But I try to keep reminding myself that (while not the same thing)I moved like 8 hours away to a new city for uni and managed to survive

If at any point you think i could belp with anything give me a buzz. whatever a buzz is

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:37 PM Quote
a year ago I lost my mum to cancer, and up until that moment, loosing my mum was my greatest fear... now, one of my greatest fears is that I might forget the look of her face and the smell of her.

I guess my biggest fear is that I might be forgotten when I die, that I haven't left my mark on this world.

Oh, and butterflies... they scare me to death.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:39 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

If at any point you think i could belp with anything give me a buzz. whatever a buzz is

Can you find me a job, place to live, set up a bank account, figure out getting a phone, utilities, etc, find me friends and allow me to not get robbed/lost/etc?

(I may actually when the time gets closer ask you about things like cell phone companies. And make you translate weird British words)

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:51 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Can you find me a job, place to live, set up a bank account, figure out getting a phone, utilities, etc, find me friends and allow me to not get robbed/lost/etc?

(I may actually when the time gets closer ask you about things like cell phone companies. And make you translate weird British words)

I will do as much as i possibly can to help. i can get information about joibs, places to live, bank accounts, phones etc. I'm afraid however i cant help with friends because tbh you're not that likeable ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:53 PM Quote
My mother getting Alzheimer's
Me getting Alzheimer's (it runs in my family)
Me getting Alzheimer's
Me getting Alzheimer's
(This is my attempt at morbid humor)

Having no relatives left in a few years, except for my kids
Failing to equip my children for life
Not having enough money to retire
Getting a flat tire in a bad area and not knowing what to do
Being left behind by technology (Actually, that has already happened)

And as Kristy said, a million other fears. Don't even want to write them down.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My mother getting Alzheimer's
Me getting Alzheimer's (it runs in my family)
Me getting Alzheimer's
Me getting Alzheimer's
(This is my attempt at morbid humor)

that was funny!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I'm afraid however i cant help with friends because tbh you're not that likeable ;)

hardy har har, lets play on Kristy's fears! :P

Ya, Im going to drive you nuts when the time comes. Expect a lot of whining. Oh wait, you get to hear that form my anyways! Arent you lucky.

Kayte, that was super morbidly funny.

Oh, being like 60 and waking up on Christmas day alone with no where to go and no one to see scares me a lot. I'm going to be an old cat lady. But with dogs. And then they will be taken away from me when I make them wear elf hats.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:12 PM Quote
A fear list is easy. Making a list of things I'm confident about would be difficult.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
-being alone forever
-leading some boring mundane 9-5 life forever
-my mom dying.
-Not so much a fear as it already does happen, but everyone seems to move on to bigger and better and I get stuck. I fear that just keeps happening. Everyone will figure me out and just...move on and leave little ol' me in the dust when something better comes along.

Those, basically.

Plus, Kristy, moving abroad is one the scariest things you can do in life. But also so worth it! It makes you more open and so much stronger!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Oh, being like 60 and waking up on Christmas day alone with no where to go and no one to see scares me a lot.

I was just about to add it. We have very similar fears, dude.

BoyRacer
BoyRacer Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:34 PM Quote
Milk bags.

(Seriously, this never gets old.)

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:36 PM Quote
BoyRacer wrote:
Milk bags.

(Seriously, this never gets old.)

LOL