Travis

Re: Vancouver 2/12/2010
Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 6:09 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
For intermission viewing, my 2 favourite olympic hockey commericals. This being Canada, there are about 10 different ones on right now...
coke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYFIufNoBo

I hope someday in my life that song will apply to me, it's such a pump up!!
Btw, the pubs were so awesome tonight!! the Last 2 minutes of that game were so intense!

mili
mili Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:20 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Shush about Lindsay, she's adorable.

Why thank you swede boy :P

I caught part of the first period here at work and when I saw it was 6-0, I figured we were in pretty good shape for a win. Sorry Mili. Kristy, I will be cheering for Canada to win tonight so we will be able to beat you twice for the gold:)

Dems fightin words!

dont mess with a Canadian when it comes to hockey. it is more than a sport to us. It's all we have, really.

The Queen of sweden is at the curling match. I seem to remember thinking she was cool when I toured the palace. Alex, is she cool?

Congrats to team Kristy!! You got the final most Canadians wanted, I suppose?

As for the Queen of Sweden, she's popular here, too, and definitely cool. Did you know she's German-Brazilian?

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 9:37 AM Quote
mili wrote:

As for the Queen of Sweden, she's popular here, too, and definitely cool. Did you know she's German-Brazilian?

and guess where she met Carl Gustaf for the first time?! :D

mili
mili Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:52 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:

I know!!! Very Olympic, isn't it!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:16 PM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
For intermission viewing, my 2 favourite olympic hockey commericals. This being Canada, there are about 10 different ones on right now...
coke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYFIufNoBo

I hope someday in my life that song will apply to me, it's such a pump up!!
Btw, the pubs were so awesome tonight!! the Last 2 minutes of that game were so intense!

I love when the fiddles kick in.

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:

I know!!! Very Olympic, isn't it!

yes!
and kind of fairy-tale-"cinderella"-like :D
AND it was in Munich, of course ;D

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:21 PM Quote
(damn, I think Canada will outrun us in the total medal count. tonight. but as long as AUSTRIA isn't anywhere near, it's fine with me :D)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:28 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
(damn, I think Canada will outrun us in the total medal count. tonight. but as long as AUSTRIA isn't anywhere near, it's fine with me :D)

I think you are safe, Lil. You are 6 ahead of us and we are only guarenteed 2 more. at the most, maybe 4. But that will leave us with 23-25, which I think is pretty impressive for a country of 34 million people. I hope we finish with the most golds though.

Im glad other people like the Queen. I remember it saying she did a lot of charity work, and she had some beautiful dresses on display. That is all it takes to win me over. And isnt there a hot swedish prince? I learned so much on my tour of the palace!
Oh and got yelled at by a guard for going near a cannon. Except he yelled at me in Swedish so I didnt know what he was saying.

edit: apperntly we are guarenteed 3 more medals (men's hockey, men's curling, men's longtrack team persuit). And then there is a chance in men's bobsled, and men's snowboarding. Not sure if there is anything beyond that. I think CDN women won medals in 4 of those 5, so the men better not let us down!

mili
mili Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I think you are safe, Lil. You are 6 ahead of us and we are only guarenteed 2 more. at the most, maybe 4. But that will leave us with 23-25, which I think is pretty impressive for a country of 34 million people. I hope we finish with the most golds though.

Ah, there's the perfect excuse for us! One can't expect a country with just 5,5 million people to do well ;^)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 4:19 PM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Ah, there's the perfect excuse for us! One can't expect a country with just 5,5 million people to do well ;^)

exactly! lol.
But seriously, a country with 300 million people should be expected to win more. There is a zillion times the talent base to draw from.

Oh, and btw, Im not the least bit bitter than had I won that HBC Olympic contest, I would have been going to the Canada/US gold medal game, but that a stupid not good video beat me. no, not bitter at all! grrrr.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:00 PM Quote
Well we've tied our record for most medals at the Winter Olympics. Usually we come in 4th or 5th in total medals so its pretty awesome that our country has done so well.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:06 PM Quote
woot! we just won a gold in men's team persuit! by 0.20 seconds! Our 11th gold!
That guarentees us a 25th medal. A record for us as well.

Edit: 3 minutes later Jasey Jay Anderson won a gold in men's snowboading giant slalom! YES!
AH! He is a blueberry farmer! That's 100 kinds of awesome

12 golds!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:39 PM Quote
la la la, bronze in men's bobsled. With the men's curling currently underway, it is going to be 2 4 medal days in a row!

Im off for dinner. What do you think the chances are that a Mexican restaurant will have the curling on?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2010 12:28 AM Quote
Not quite hockey this evening but it is more relaxing with a bottle of red.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:36 AM Quote
Well Done Canada

13 Golds is a record for any nation in a Winter Olympics, (not to put the mockers on it but it could be broken if sh!t goes right for them tomorrow)

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:32 PM