Travis

Re: UK Organ Donation
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sat 06 Feb, 2010 8:58 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I do have a donor card and when i die they can use anything they want as far as i am concerned.

Erm ... apart from your dodgy kidney, maybe? ;-)

YA THINK!!!!!!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sat 06 Feb, 2010 9:27 PM Quote
Something i need to do asap.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 07 Feb, 2010 11:16 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
I do have a donor card and when i die they can use anything they want as far as i am concerned.

Erm ... apart from your dodgy kidney, maybe? ;-)

YA THINK!!!!!!

*blows raspberry*

:P

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Feb, 2010 1:27 PM Quote

Please Carry a Donor Card.

You know it's a good thing to do. If anyone can think of a good reason not to I'd like to hear and possibly debate.

Dubz

(Give blood too if you can)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 2:04 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

You know it's a good thing to do. If anyone can think of a good reason not to I'd like to hear and possibly debate.

Dubz

My friend gave blood yesterday for the first time. She was fine until she was walked down the steps of the blood van where she fainted, smacked her head on the steps and the curb and needed 10 stitches.

Apparently there was about as much blood on the street as she'd just donated (she's ok though).
But the really great thing is she can't remember the incident, nor the donation!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 2:17 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

My friend gave blood yesterday for the first time. She was fine until she was walked down the steps of the blood van where she fainted, smacked her head on the steps and the curb and needed 10 stitches.

Apparently there was about as much blood on the street as she'd just donated (she's ok though).
But the really great thing is she can't remember the incident, nor the donation!

Who the fuck took enough blood from her it caused her to faint ?? When I used to give blood in the UK you weren't allowed to leave for about 30mins afterwards, and they also made sure you had tea/coffee/juice and a biscuit. I believe at one time in Ireland after you've given blood you can have an option of a half pint of Guinness (not as daft as it sounds as it's full of iron etc.) Don't know if this still happens.

Dubz

Kristy
Kristy Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 2:27 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Who the fuck took enough blood from her it caused her to faint ?? When I used to give blood in the UK you weren't allowed to leave for about 30mins afterwards, and they also made sure you had tea/coffee/juice and a biscuit. I believe at one time in Ireland after you've given blood you can have an option of a half pint of Guinness (not as daft as it sounds as it's full of iron etc.) Don't know if this still happens.

Dubz

She'd been sat for 30 minutes and had tea and biscuits but still fainted. I don't think she'll be volunteering her services again!

I just Googled the Guinness thing:
Do they still give you a pint of Guinness when you're done?!!
Interesting one that; Guinness used to sponsor the Guinness supplied to the service under the myth of "Guinness is good for you". They used to supply Guinness to all the Dublin hospitals, including maternity hospitals. Nowadays, the IBTS must provide all refreshments and while the Guinness is still on offer, they also serve Beer, Tea & Coffee!

Here

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 3:06 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

She'd been sat for 30 minutes and had tea and biscuits but still fainted. I don't think she'll be volunteering her services again!

I just Googled the Guinness thing:
Do they still give you a pint of Guinness when you're done?!!
Interesting one that; Guinness used to sponsor the Guinness supplied to the service under the myth of "Guinness is good for you". They used to supply Guinness to all the Dublin hospitals, including maternity hospitals. Nowadays, the IBTS must provide all refreshments and while the Guinness is still on offer, they also serve Beer, Tea & Coffee!

Here

Hmmm, a bad experience indeed. I hope she changes her mind.

Thanks for the link v.interesting.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:08 PM