Travis

Re: TIB Cover copycat!!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 4:00 PM Quote
I agree Juli.

And Travis' cover is far better. In fact, The Invisible Band is my favourite album cover! :)

mili
mili Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 5:45 PM Quote
Avant Garde Gothic (the font) has been back in fashion again, but you won't see much of it soon, as slab serifs will be all over the place this year (says FontShop…).

joss
joss Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree Juli.

And Travis' cover is far better. In fact, The Invisible Band is my favourite album cover! :)

I agree, The Invisible Band cover is one of the best and The Boy With No Name cover is perfect too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 4:23 PM Quote
I just read a quick review of this album and one of the songs is called "Closer."

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 4:50 PM Quote
Fran must be copying Madonna on Wreckorder.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 6:44 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just read a quick review of this album and one of the songs is called "Closer."

But will anybody play kazoos while she plays this live?
I think not!

ps- I just had to run work errands and was walking uptown with my ipod in. "Like A Star" came on and I was like "damn copier!" and then "You Decide" from the acoustic tour came on and I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing. It is my favourite moment.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 10:23 PM Quote

My fav. covers are the last 2. Ode and Boy with no name.

About the cover thing. I think one fact would not make a cover. Even two. But then there were three..four...in one single album.

I mean...there's only so much coincidence...there's clearly a parallel....I don't mean copying in a bad-illegal way. Clearly the font is not belonging to Travis, as are those song names etc.etc. but I think there's deliberately connection between this record and Travis been made.

that she chose a tree, looking almost the same (same light effects....): coincidence.
that she chose the same font: ok, let's say coincidence. that she chose "the sea" for album name: getting weird.
that she chose "closer" for a title name: still not having a weird feelinG?

Statistics say no coincidence anymore...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 1:42 PM Quote
I see this font everywhere now and the tree in the background is just a coincidence, I think.

I would consider it being more than a coincidence if the album was titled "The girl who" and had a song called "3 times and you win" on it.

Do you know how many songs that are called "Closer"? The Sea is a very common thing to sing about as well.

Also her music doesn't sound anything like Travis, so I think it's our "Travis-minds" playing tricks on us..

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 3:19 PM Quote
Yeah, there are tons of songs titled "Closer." I just thought it was funny in light of the similar album cover.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 3:27 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I see this font everywhere now and the tree in the background is just a coincidence, I think.

I would consider it being more than a coincidence if the album was titled "The girl who" and had a song called "3 times and you win" on it.

Do you know how many songs that are called "Closer"? The Sea is a very common thing to sing about as well.

Also her music doesn't sound anything like Travis, so I think it's our "Travis-minds" playing tricks on us..

I agree.

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

What about this, Ben? :p

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I agree.

Me too.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:24 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

What about this, Ben? :p

Haha, you're right Bodi. How could i forget about that? :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:39 PM Quote
This reminds me of an ad I saw last summer. I can't remember what the product was, but it had the "Travis font" and it involved seeing an ovni. I couldn't help but thinking of Side every time I saw it, haha.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 27 Jan, 2010 5:37 AM Quote
A couple of months ago I saw the Travis font on the back of a van and it said TRAVERSE. I had to do a double take because of the font and thinking it said Travis. Anytime I see the font now I think of Travis.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:48 AM