Travis

I always knew it!
neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Fri 08 Jan, 2010 6:50 PM Quote
Ever since I first heard One Night it felt to me like a spiritual twin of Love Will Come Through, melodically, thematically, and lyrically. I finally pulled the tab for One Night last night and, lo and behold, it's the same chord sequence as LWCT, only played in standard tuning as opposed to a capo on the second fret tuning it a step up.

And that is all.

Re: I always knew it!
Nell
Nell Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 12:23 AM Quote
me too!!!!

for me; the lyrics are also a bit binding; ahh nice to hear that from someone else.. as well :)

joemono
joemono Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 3:55 AM Quote
I noticed some similarities myself. In fact it's a big reason I don't listen to One Night. I'd rather just listen to LWCT, which is far superior in my opinion.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 5:40 AM Quote
I never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it I can see the similarities.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 18 Jan, 2010 5:39 PM Quote
all the technical mumbo jumble means little to me, as I can't read/play music, but I was out driving around on Saturday and One Night came on my ipod (plugged into my stereo, I wasnt driving around with my ipod in) and i knew it was One Night, infact it was a live version in which Fran says "This is One Night" and yet through the intro i kept singing along the "da da da da da da da da" part of LWCT and thoughts of this thread.
So it took me a while, but even the non musically inclined will see it eventually.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:52 PM