Travis

Before you were young
Grant
Grant Posted Mon 04 Jan, 2010 12:25 AM Quote
This song, seriously has to be the most emotional song I've ever heard in my entire life, and I like to think I listen to a wide range of music.

The lyrics are just so...WOW!

In the days before you were young,
We used to sit in the morning sun,
We used to turn the radio on,
What happened?

I'm listening to it right now on loop. And it's making me feel really sad, almost to the point of tears. Does anyone think there's a story behind it?

Re: Before you were young
Nell
Nell Posted Mon 04 Jan, 2010 1:27 PM Quote

I don't know about the story..(maybe it's "just" written for J's story..)

but I had the same reaction. Funny enough, my big sister, who's not a Travis fan, accompanied me to a Travis show in Munich last February and when they played that song she started to cry. It's her favorite ever since.

mili
mili Posted Mon 04 Jan, 2010 2:05 PM Quote
On the official Frandy bootleg cd Fran talks about looking at your loved ones from beyond the grave, well, he starts serious, but it sort of falls apart.
The version of the song is brilliant, though.

I love the song, it's one of my favourites.

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 8:42 AM Quote
Fran is probably plugging the glorious BBC & other mature 'baby boomer' talk back / analysis shows on Radio Right?

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 10:03 PM Quote
For me one of the best, purest things Fran's ever written. I'd rate three Travis songs on that "wow" beautiful emotional level and only three - More Than Us, Driftwood and Before You Were Young. It's just fantastic. Ode might have been (IMO) a slightly patchy record, but at it's best it's sublime.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2010 5:10 AM Quote
I had the cry/ chill factor listenin to the song as well. Something about it is soooo moving, especially when hes by himself and you hear this climax of instruments come in before he belts out "if you ever need me call, etc. etc." Its completely genious. Also one of my faves :0)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 10 Jan, 2010 5:24 PM Quote
Yeah it's my fav on that album. It really moved me, too darn emotional I am ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:28 AM