Travis

Re: Let it snow... or not!
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 17 Dec, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

-20 is nothing. -40 is cold. My first year of university it was -40 for 2 weeks straight in December in Ottawa.

It was -30 for over a month during my first year at the uni in Poland. Now that was awful.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 17 Dec, 2009 8:24 PM Quote
We have no snow at all here. It's 28ºF or -2ºC, according to the computer. Gray and chilly. Boring and depressing. Had to scrape frost off the windshield this morning. I hate doing that. I should have started the car earlier. Blah.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 17 Dec, 2009 8:33 PM Quote
Yeah it's pretty cold here, I feel if it's gonna be this cold it might as well snow! Snow would be nicer than frost in my opinion.

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Dec, 2009 8:46 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:
it's -14C today. But better than last week when it was -20. We've had a snow or 2, but went from too warm to snow to too cold to snow rather quickly.
I want snow for Christmas :(

MINUS 20???? CELSIUS?? OMG.
It's -6°C here and it's FREEZING. sometimes I think my nose is going to fall off... BUT there's SNOW as well, and I loooove snowy Munich :)

That time I lived in your beautiful city there was a lot of snow and around -20 °C in January. I remember thinking, that I thought this was supposed to be in the south and warmer than home.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 18 Dec, 2009 1:14 AM Quote
We don't usaully get too much snow here. Not like they do in the Northeast or upper Midwest. It usually snows maybe 3 or 4 times and it only accumulates a couple of inches. But last year, it snowed 18 inches in 2 days and the whole area came to a standstill. I love the snow but most people here don't because they don't want to drive in it. If there weren't so many hills, it wouldn't be such a problem. Last week the temperature was in the single digits, and that is Farenheit. My friend said that if we wanted single digits we would move to where they use Celcius. Yesterday we got a couple inches of rain though.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:15 AM Quote
mili wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:
it's -14C today. But better than last week when it was -20. We've had a snow or 2, but went from too warm to snow to too cold to snow rather quickly.
I want snow for Christmas :(

MINUS 20???? CELSIUS?? OMG.
It's -6°C here and it's FREEZING. sometimes I think my nose is going to fall off... BUT there's SNOW as well, and I loooove snowy Munich :)

That time I lived in your beautiful city there was a lot of snow and around -20 °C in January. I remember thinking, that I thought this was supposed to be in the south and warmer than home.

oh man, don't remind me of things to come - Munich is going to be an ICEBERG in January if the weather forecasts are right... it's not so bad in the city centre, but as soon as you leave the cosy city area, it's getting freezing... in Großhesselohe it must be even worse than where I live (north of Munich)... I'm not a hot-weather-fan either, I'm all for moderate climate...

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:55 AM