Travis

02 arena dublin
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 12:36 PM Quote
Anybody ever been? whats it like?

Re: 02 arena dublin
dee
dee Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
steve is bringing me on the 14th for an eddie izzard gig.
a new tram line direct from the city to there opened today so it should be even better for getting to and from.
what are you thinking of seeing?

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
I saw Muse there the other week. I could wander where I wanted but they seemed to like to pen people in either side of the stage a sort of weird shape.

I'll use the letter http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hFLqFD3Vei8ovM:http://www.daniellesplace.com/Images4/letterA72.gif

Where the top was the stage, the middle was the pit and either side was where they penned most of the arena. The width of the sides of the above letter A are also where massive walkways are between those penned in and those in the pit.

It's fucking weird.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 11:56 PM Quote
dee wrote:
steve is bringing me on the 14th for an eddie izzard gig.
a new tram line direct from the city to there opened today so it should be even better for getting to and from.
what are you thinking of seeing?

15th but I'll let you off with it!!

It used to be the Point Depot, which was exactly as it sounds a big fuck-off shed, sound was diabolical, it was like listening to a band play in B&Q. However it has been massively refurbished and rebranded as the O2 Arena. By all reports it's now a brilliant venue but I don't know if it is a brilliant venue or just a massive improvement on the old venue which wouldn't be hard considering how bad it used to be.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 10:21 AM Quote
I want to see Pearl Jam this summer and i have 3 options berlin dublin or belfast.
Dont know Belfast at all so i would rather go to a city i know my way around, Which leaves me with the other two.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I want to see Pearl Jam this summer and i have 3 options berlin dublin or belfast.
Dont know Belfast at all so i would rather go to a city i know my way around, Which leaves me with the other two.

Personally I'd go with Berlin... However if you do do the Dublin thang please let me know, I wouldnae mind grabbin a quick pint.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Dec, 2009 12:24 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Personally I'd go with Berlin... However if you do do the Dublin thang please let me know, I wouldnae mind grabbin a quick pint.

Dubz

Interesting article in today's Irish Times

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:46 AM