Travis

Re: Unsecret Santa Christmas Exchange - REMINDER
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm sure Mili's gift will arrive in time, but I really hope it arrives undamaged. When I got to the post office they were closing up and I realized I forgot the bubble wrap. Ugh! I mailed it anyway. I sent it a little over a week ago.

I got a note from the post office that there's a large letter waiting for me. There's nothing else I'm expecting, so, I live in hope :^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPJ-euBzSM

I'll pick it up tomorrow. It's -10 °C here and the post office is 15 mins walk away. Hrrrrr.

Yay! Glad it arrived so quickly. I have to say again, I have been majorly impressed with the speed of the mail lately.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

But in terms of content (a Frandy CD and the present) I think I get a WIN.

The Frandy CD was a definite WIN!! :D

You should've seen my mother's face when she looked into the huge box and saw the wrapped thing - I'd only seen it for like 10 seconds, but she must have taken it out and examined it more closely because she couldn't stop giggling when she came back to the kitchen ;D She also knows what the present is. And she's very good at NOT telling me stuff I really really want to know *lol*

I told her I knew for a fact that you were over 5 years old, BTW ;P

Errr... and I think she MIGHT have wrapped it again so I can't sneak a peek even if I went looking for it *lol* - that would be very Lily's-mom-like.

She re-wrapped my present?????? You don't get to enjoy it in all of its crappy glory???

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 8:22 PM Quote
I got my present from Moo! Actually, it arrived yesterday, but I wasn't home, so I got it today :) . Moo, I hope yours arrives soon!!!

I can't believe that Lily's mom re-wrapped Anne's present! Lol!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 8:48 PM Quote
that is so randomly hilarious

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

She re-wrapped my present?????? You don't get to enjoy it in all of its crappy glory???

she MIGHT have done that, because she said the wrapping paper was torn off at one side and you could actually see what was inside if you wanted to. Maybe she's only going to put it into a gift-bag or wrap the present with a second layer of paper... maybe she wants me to see your skills ;D

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:21 PM Quote
BTW, 9 days to go! (or 8,5)!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

she MIGHT have done that, because she said the wrapping paper was torn off at one side and you could actually see what was inside if you wanted to. Maybe she's only going to put it into a gift-bag or wrap the present with a second layer of paper... maybe she wants me to see your skills ;D

OK I suppose that is acceptable. I hope she just put it in a bag so you can still appreciate the glory. I am glad she was amused by what she saw.

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 2:47 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
Cynthia wrote:
Has anyone seen or heard from Paul C. lately? I sent his package out last month and pmed him asking if it had been received because I wasn't able to track it since it was international mail. I haven't received a response from him. :( I hope my package arrives by this time next week, as the hubs and I are heading east to celebrate the holidays with his family.

Have you tried Facebook?

No luck - there's a Fan site on Facebook for his band, but it's not set up so that I can send him a message. :( Bummer. I don't even have confirmation that his package arrived, and I sent it back in November.

mili
mili Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 7:03 AM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
lilly wrote:
Cynthia wrote:
Has anyone seen or heard from Paul C. lately? I sent his package out last month and pmed him asking if it had been received because I wasn't able to track it since it was international mail. I haven't received a response from him. :( I hope my package arrives by this time next week, as the hubs and I are heading east to celebrate the holidays with his family.

Have you tried Facebook?

No luck - there's a Fan site on Facebook for his band, but it's not set up so that I can send him a message. :( Bummer. I don't even have confirmation that his package arrived, and I sent it back in November.

There's also myspace
http://www.myspace.com/paulcuthbert

and lastfm
http://www.last.fm/user/paulcuthbert86

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 8:15 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I got my present from Moo! Actually, it arrived yesterday, but I wasn't home, so I got it today :) . Moo, I hope yours arrives soon!!!

I can't believe that Lily's mom re-wrapped Anne's present! Lol!

The postal service isn't as useless as I thought after all! Lol ;-P I'll keep a lookout for my present ^_^

Go Lily's mum haha! That's brilliant XD

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 10:14 AM Quote
madly in love?....tell us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:50 AM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
lilly wrote:
Cynthia wrote:

Have you tried Facebook?

(Edit)
ok I just searched for him on facebook AND he has his own page, not just the band-page. it's the first page when you type in "Paul Cuthbert" and look for people instead of groups and sites ;P AND you can send him messages, too.

mili
mili Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm sure Mili's gift will arrive in time, but I really hope it arrives undamaged. When I got to the post office they were closing up and I realized I forgot the bubble wrap. Ugh! I mailed it anyway. I sent it a little over a week ago.

The packet is here!!! It rattles, I hope that's good news!

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 1:14 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
Cynthia wrote:
lilly wrote:
Cynthia wrote:

Have you tried Facebook?

(Edit)
ok I just searched for him on facebook AND he has his own page, not just the band-page. it's the first page when you type in "Paul Cuthbert" and look for people instead of groups and sites ;P AND you can send him messages, too.

I clearly have not mastered the art of the Facebook search. Thank you so much! :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 16 Dec, 2009 7:02 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

The packet is here!!! It rattles, I hope that's good news!

I hope the rattling means that your Junior Mints didn't turn into one big Senior Mint. Junior Mints are not good travelers. Sometimes they turn to mush before you can get to the movie theater. Nothing else in your package should rattle very much, I hope!!!

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:27 AM