Travis

Re: Xmas shopping
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 9:57 PM Quote
I attempted to go Christmas shopping last Friday. I s[ent two hours walking round, decided everything was tat and bought three pairs of knickers for myself. Fail.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 11:40 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
I attempted to go Christmas shopping last Friday. I s[ent two hours walking round, decided everything was tat and bought three pairs of knickers for myself. Fail.

LOL! I did the same thing last friday. I ended up buying myself a bunch of stuff. Whoops.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:52 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
https://shanalogic.com/item_images/1640_shana_heart_full.jpg

Just ordered one of these and two similar concepts with different colors for some teenagers in the family. With the coupon code isupportartists I saved 15% (since my order was over $50)

Are these filled with drugs ?

bubble gum , everything is big in texas

mili
mili Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 8:35 AM Quote
The shopping part for Kayte is done, still something left to make. As for other presents, totally unstarted. I've got the kids' lists, they're easy but expensive (PS3 + games, mobile phone, digital camera, Longchamps bag or something along those lines, money, vouchers for clothes shops…). I miss the times when the most expensive thing on the list was the hit Barbie of the year.
I don't buy presents to many people, the rest of the shopping I'll most likely dot at the designers' Christmas fair in December.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 2:32 PM Quote
mili wrote:
The shopping part for Kayte is done, still something left to make. As for other presents, totally unstarted. I've got the kids' lists, they're easy but expensive (PS3 + games, mobile phone, digital camera, Longchamps bag or something along those lines, money, vouchers for clothes shops…). I miss the times when the most expensive thing on the list was the hit Barbie of the year.
I don't buy presents to many people, the rest of the shopping I'll most likely dot at the designers' Christmas fair in December.

Longchamps bags?? For the kids?? Whoah.
I'd planned to buy my mum one, but she told me that if I did, she'd take it back to the shop because it's too expensive (considering my student-budget).

Now I have noooo idea what to get her...

mili
mili Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:

Longchamps bags?? For the kids?? Whoah.
I'd planned to buy my mum one, but she told me that if I did, she'd take it back to the shop because it's too expensive (considering my student-budget).

Now I have noooo idea what to get her...

I didn't say she'll get it… It seems to be trendy to have a Longchamps shoulder bag as a school bag at the moment, and these kids are 13-16 years old…. The one she's after is about 120 euros. And knowing how quickly fashion changes and how the kids treat their stuff, it wouldn't last five minutes, so we'll be looking for something more sensible.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 7:11 PM Quote

My Christmas shopping is reduced to Moray's gift this year. I've been without an income since october, so considering I haven't got enough money to buy presents for all the people I'd like to, noone's getting presents from me this year. Except probably my niece.
I might change my mind though and figure out a way of getting stuff for everyone.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2009 8:35 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I didn't say she'll get it… It seems to be trendy to have a Longchamps shoulder bag as a school bag at the moment, and these kids are 13-16 years old…. The one she's after is about 120 euros. And knowing how quickly fashion changes and how the kids treat their stuff, it wouldn't last five minutes, so we'll be looking for something more sensible.

yep, it seems to be fashionable amongst teenagers here, too. The 13 year old girl with a longchamp bag (which perfectly matches the colour of her shoes -> i.e. it is probably not her only longchamp bag) has become an almost-normal sight in some parts of Munich... when I was 13, I had a green rucksack and a red cross-shoulder bag and I was 100% happy ;D

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 4:04 PM Quote
It kind of annoys me when a person decides to piggyback on an idea you've had for a gift towards a coworker...and then they want to go ahead and switch it up.

Umm...go buy your own present you lazy?

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 12:18 PM Quote
I have nooo idea what to get for my mother! Help! *argh* I'm not "allowed" to buy her a Longchamps bag so I've got to find something that's cheaper and/or sth that she doesn't know the price of.

I'm relieved my mom decided to give her brother&his family (aunt, 2 cousins) an "Oxfam-Unwrapped" gift this year. this is perfect since they already own everything else AND I won't have to spend hours looking for presents for my cousins. Phew!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:17 AM