Travis

Re: Plans for the week end
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
4: family reunion on Sunday (I hope I won't have to tell them about "my plans for the future" - because there aren't any... Oh my, what am I talking about, they're SO going to ask the future question. ARGH.)

Just make stuff up. If they ask you later about anything you said just say you changed your mind.

I'm throwing a birthday party for my boy. Hoping to see my boyfriend's new movie.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Just make stuff up. If they ask you later about anything you said just say you changed your mind.

Anne, you should add this to the itinerary of your seminar.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 9:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Anne, you should add this to the itinerary of your seminar.

This is turning into quite a seminar I'm going to give.

Though in all seriousness Lilly if people start questioning you just start questioning them. Not in an aggressive way, I just mean put the attention back on them. They'll most likely be flattered and start talking about themselves and forget their irritating questions.

I knew this guy whose brother was SO sick of being asked "when are you going to get married?" "when are you going to have kids?" etc. He borrowed a friend's baby and went and got pictures taken at Walmart. He sent them out to his family with no explanation. His mother was not amused but it really shut all the nosy people up for quite awhile.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 9:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I do that every time. And every time it gets harder because they keep on asking. "What exactly does that mean?", "what kind of work would you do there?", "What does a (*insert job title here*) do, exactly?", "but what does that have to do with your degree?", ... sigh.
Next time, I'm going to say I want to work at the revenue office. That should put an end to their questions.

Will that be a penguin party, or a firetruck-themed one? or something completely different? ;D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
The cake is mario brothers themed. I'm such an awesome mom that I have exactly zero items (food or supplies) for the party yet. I hope to get mario plates tonight but if I don't see them I'll get a color or something else he likes.

In my defense it's a simple party and I know what I am going to get. Just haven't had time to go get it. Fun Friday plans for me!

Oh also my mom and my dad's girlfriend are meeting for the first time. This will be the first girlfriend post-divorce that she is meeting.

I am anticipating no drama but will post the police report if I am wrong.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 7:31 AM Quote
I am working all weekend as well, at both of my jobs which sucks! Also trying to squeeze in studying, sleep, and scrape together whatever bit of social life I have left after lol. Oh and I would def get the Green Day ticket lol. They do not dissapoint in concert!

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 2:25 AM Quote
Saturday: Shopping for my Birthday gifts with my hubbie and youngest--------6 hours:)

Sunday: Turn 40 today, how should i feel about that i wonder?!

Birthday gifts, birthday cards, birthday breakfast, birthday dinner and birthday cake! Yummy ;)

Bliss!!!!

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 1:28 PM Quote
Friday night and most of Saturday: work =[
Last night and today: catching up on all my uni work ... cos I'm working loads this week. Not fun.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:07 PM