Travis

Re: Boardie Reunion in Canadaland
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Nov, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
why a enhanced license ?

So you can cross the border without having to show your passport.

do canadians get that option too ? never heard of it

yes

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 12:17 AM Quote
I hope ya'll have a groooovy tyme

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 12:58 AM Quote
The Motor City She-Devils crossing the border! Lock your doors and roll up your windows. Ambassador, here we come!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 2:20 PM Quote
the Motor City She Devils are en route, and Im going to be on the 10:10 train bound for Toronto.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

They get to see milkbags, eat poutine, go to the Hockey Hall of Fame, the CN Tower and a pub called Roy's today.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 2:37 PM Quote
hey the redwings are playing in toronto , you guys going ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 4:03 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
hey the redwings are playing in toronto , you guys going ?

no. Leafs tickets are ridiculous to come by. We are watching it though.

Im hanging at Starbucks as the girls were detained at the border. It's only fair since I was searched on my way to Michigan to see them :P
the border person asked how they knew me, lol

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
Bon week end les canadiennes !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 4:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

i guess the border guard is not a t board member. I guessing they're a fan of creed or nickleback ..... I blame BUSH ..Gavin rossdale will pay !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I'd love to know how that was answered

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 12:59 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I'd love to know how that was answered

Hahaha! Yeah, it was kind of a headache because we didn't want to bring the whole "we met on the Internet!" thing into it. You know, when you tell people that they'll just think we're plotting something or up to no good, lol. So basically we told them we all met in Chicago at a concert. Then they asked where our friend lived. Good thing I knew the name of kristy's hometown. Then they asked her name. LOL! Like I couldn't have just made up any name? I don't get how that makes a difference. Then they asked us when we met and I said April. Then they asked us...get this...WHAT BAND! To witch we answered "Umm. Traaavis."" LOL. It was very starange and I had to keep myself from giggling because now Travis is in their files. They were typing all this into their computer.

Also, Kayte's car got searched. I got in trouble for not telling them I had a gift (birthday present for Kristy) and they yelled at Kayte for one of her car doors not being able to open. Oh, and also because she missed a stop sign.

Luckly, me made it outta there alive and had a wonderful time in Toronto with our canadian friend. Right now we are in the lobby of the hotel. Kristy Bear has left us. We basically did everything that we had planned: We had poutine for lunch, went to the Hockey Hall Of Fame, saw the Stanley Cup!!!, went to the top of the CN tour, went to Roy's for dinner, came back and watched the rest of the Wings/leafs game. Day two we had breakfast at a place called Fran's, went shopping, went to the Hall Of Fame game, went to the Loose Moose for dinner, did a lot of random sightseeing annnnnd found MILKBAGS, which isn't as easy as it looks in a big city!

To recap: Canada rocks! I clearly need to move here. They have recycling on the street, everyone loves hockey and there's lots of good places to shop! :)

OK, later ya'll. :) We're heading back up to our hotel room shotly. We leave to-MORE-ow. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 1:04 AM Quote
A Canadian border cop yelled at Kayte ? loudly ? jeeze louise

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 1:39 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
they yelled at Kayte for one of her car doors not being able to open.

I thought all Canadians are nice and adorable. I have lost all of my illusions during this weekend.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Nikki wrote:
they yelled at Kayte for one of her car doors not being able to open.

I thought all Canadians are nice and adorable. I have lost all of my illusions during this weekend.

border patrol dont count as people :p

Im at home, uploading pics, and sad that I had to leave the ladies. It was a wonderfull weekend indeed. Thank you for making the trip and I hope you had fun!
Nikki was so amused with how much recycling we had. And Kayte with how much gravy we have, lol.
I'll post a link to the fb album as soon as it is up.

Here ya go:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2270207&id=121503582&l=2868037072

Let me know if it doesnt work

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 9:21 AM Quote
Great pictures. Merci.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 1:51 PM Quote
I was curious about the reunion and reading all the things you planned on doing and did in Canada makes me wanna visit my cousins so bad! I haven't seen them in over twenty years, I was only two the last time they came here... I know they are die hard Maple Leafs fans, they even got my parents to buy me the team's T-shirt and cap when they went to visit :) At least once in my life I want to be at a hockey game in Toronto! (It has little to do with the thread and your trip/reunion but I had to say sth :D)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:56 AM