Travis

Re: Austin Show
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
I already said it somewhere else, but it looks like it definitely was one of the best shows so far, for sure!!!
I'm loving this :oD.

And I'm very happy for Anne and Sandy who could live that unique experience of listening to Ancient Train live!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 6:31 PM Quote
Hello Boardies!!
I'm at work now...exhausted, but I'm feelin' good!

So...as promised, I wanted to share our (mine & Anne's) thoughts on As it Comes.

Okay, so I'm a huge dork, and I took a few notes so that I'd remember what to post. Yes, I was thinking of all of you boardies who don't get to see them :D

Alright, so when Fran introduced this song, he said it was about 2 old people - a couple, and was from the point of view of the old man. And basically he's saying that if it weren't for her, he'd be nothing. (this is all fran's intro).

Andy played the piano on this, in case you didn't know--and it was great! This song had for us had a 12 Memories feel. There were some parts of the piano that reminded us of Quicksand. And at times, Fran's singing reminded me a tiny, tiny bit of Broken Mirror, but much quicker paced.

I've only heard it once, obviously, and unfortunately, it's not on the cd like Holiday is, and I can't go back and listen. This is just my initial take. The mood of the song started out really dark to me, but listening to the lyrics, I think it becomes lighter. It's kinda sad, but the kind of sadness that you just overcome because you have to.

Wow. that probably didn't help you at all! Anne, some help please!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 6:46 PM Quote

No, Sandy, it does help a lot! Thank you so much for taking the trouble of doing this!!! I really appreciate it. :o)
It's very sweet of you and Anne to do this for us. I loved your reviews of the Dallas and Austin gigs.

Piano + 12 Memories feel: sounds like a song I'm very likely to love :oP.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
*Drooling*

Amazing setlist! You're very lucky.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
It's a great description of the song. Thanks very, very, very much. :)

Piano from Andy, a 12 Memories sound, a mention of Broken Mirror. Sounds amazing!!! :) I can't wait to hear it, I have a great feeling about the new songs. I love the sound of Holiday. Sounds like a slightly different direction but a direction I'm loving so far. :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
In my head, I've convinced myself that Fran saw my thread about City In The Rain and that what made him decide to play it. You never know.

Anyways, once again Anne and Sandy, thanks for all the notes, pics, and videos! It must have been awesome!

and Follow The Light! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:34 PM Quote
I'd say that's a pretty good description. Some of the lyrics were downright funny. When he was talking up the song, I got a "Notebook" picture in my head and was glad it wasn't so much like that, lol!

As soon as I can locate the cord thingy to put the pics on my computer, I'll get my crap pics up ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:38 PM Quote
I ♥ Follow The Light too. This song's been in my head for like a month now, so I got way too excited when Anne told me they played it last night!

Thanks Carla :o).

Edit: ♥ is supposed to be a heart.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
Juli, I &#9829 you too.

Sandy's description is good. I thought the lyrics were clever. Sometimes sad but then a few funny lines. The piano was an unexpected twist for a song they just wrote in the last few days. (Meaning, I would have expected Andy to feel more comfortable working something on the guitar)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 8:08 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
In my head, I've convinced myself that Fran saw my thread about City In The Rain and that what made him decide to play it. You never know.

I convince myself of stuff like this all the time.

Aww, Boardie I &#9829. Aint it grand?

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
thank you, thank you, thank you!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

Aww, Boardie I ♥. Aint it grand?

The funny thing is when you hit reply, the &#9829 turns into a heart.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Juli, I ♥ you too.

Sandy's description is good. I thought the lyrics were clever. Sometimes sad but then a few funny lines. The piano was an unexpected twist for a song they just wrote in the last few days. (Meaning, I would have expected Andy to feel more comfortable working something on the guitar)

Little anecdote on the Andy playing piano bit there....
I noticed his gum chewing slowed down quite a bit whle playing it ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 9:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

Aww, Boardie I ♥. Aint it grand?

The funny thing is when you hit reply, the ♥ turns into a heart.

IT DOES!
Oh silly board, you warm my heart

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 9:28 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

Haha maybe that will happen with The Connection. Which, by the way, I totally stole your idea of begging for an mp3-thanks!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:02 AM